• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sawvel -- **Dismissed**

Clawson just as much to blame. Thanks for getting involved this week, Dave. Did wonders. Shitty, shitty, shitty recruiting.

Heloooooo. Has anyone seen the defense???? Hellllloooooooooo. Where are you????

Clawson just as much to blame. Thanks for getting involved this week, Dave. Did wonders. Shitty, shitty, shitty recruiting.

Just need to retroactively recruit some better players. All problems are solvable.

Just need to retroactively recruit some better players. All problems are solvable.

Just redo the 2015 class with a bunch of four and five star guys. Like the guys usually recruit. LOL.

I don't know that it is just recruiting. I beleive we have at least 5 defensive players that are out for the season with injuries. Then there have been at least 3 that have had their careers end for medical reasons. Then probably another 5 or so guys that have left the team or been kicked off in the last couple of years. The reality is Wake needs to be able to redshirt alot of their guys and field a team with a lot of 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players. When you start having to play guys that should really be 3rd string at this point in their career, you are in real big trouble.

UPDATED: Wake has played 12 power-5 teams with Sawvel as defensive coordinator. Here are the opponent scores in those games: 10, 26, 28, 38, 32, 48, 43, 24, 31, 52, 41, 56.

Average of 36 points a contest.

The reality is Wake needs to be able to redshirt alot of their guys and field a team with a lot of 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players.

Wake's starting defensive 11: three 3rd year players, four 4th year players, four 5th year players.

And for all the talk of playing true freshmen, I don’t remember seeing them out there much.

I don’t think they are lacking from an athletic standpoint. They are big, strong and fast players. They all look the part, but aren’t getting it done.

We didn't have these defensive problems under Elko. Its not like our personnel was vastly different 3 years ago. Sawvel sucks ass.

I don’t think they are lacking from an athletic standpoint. They are big, strong and fast players. They all look the part, but aren’t getting it done.

I wasn't there, but they definitely don't look fast on TV.

I think they are slow to react, which constantly gives the other guy a head start. They are physically good athletes.

when the opposing team is averaging close to 10 yards per play...you do do not matchup. our line was overmatched. our lbs are too slow AND small, and we all know about our secondary, which is also to small. this D just sucks, and this coordinator does not help put them in good positions to make plays at all

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they should be pitching shut outs or are 2006 reincarnated. I’m just saying that from a physical standpoint they shouldn’t be anywhere near this bad.

Back