• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're literally named creamy goodness.

I know man, I know. I like just about all creams other than white sauce. I can dig sour cream, cream cheese, creamy mashed potatoes, and the list goes on.

There's just something about sitting at a Japanese steakhouse across from a morbidly obese family, all of which ordering double white sauce, that steers me in the mustard/ginger direction. The worst/best is when said obese peeps ask the chef to squeeze the white sauce directly onto their plate, because, you know, 2 saucers full just isn't enough for 200 lb 12 year old boy chad and his 325 lb parents, Norma and Earl.

I know man, I know. I like just about all creams other than white sauce. I can dig sour cream, cream cheese, creamy mashed potatoes, and the list goes on.

There's just something about sitting at a Japanese steakhouse across from a morbidly obese family, all of which ordering double white sauce, that steers me in the mustard/ginger direction. The worst/best is when said obese peeps ask the chef to squeeze the white sauce directly onto their plate, because, you know, 2 saucers full just isn't enough for 200 lb 12 year old boy chad and his 325 lb parents, Norma and Earl.

How do you feel about mayo? Ranch w/Pizza?

Shrimp/White/YumYum sauce is great in those contexts because it provides a cool and tangy/sweet base to complement with the one-note salt bomb that is usually served up at Hibachi Grills. It's not like these places are serving top-notch perfectly seasoned Donburi bowls.

For the record I made stir fry for the family over the Holidays and whipped up my own batch of Shrimp Sauce. Mayo, Butter, Tomato Paste, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Sugar, and Cayenne (water until the consistency is right). Whisk it all together and let the flavors meld overnight. om nom nom. Batch-cooking 12+ cups of rice along w/cooking chicken, veggies etc. was always going to require some over-seasoning to cover up my poor technique so the sauce was nice to have as a pair.

You can also get it at the HT, where it’s labeled yum yum sauce.

One of the best pizzas I ever had was made for me by my buddy Fabietto in Taverna San Trovaso in Venice, when a bunch of us were there drinking after the bars closed (I partied). It had eggplant and mayo on it. A few other things too (cheese, some kind of sauce, maybe prosciutto? but I forget), but the main things were eggplant and mayo. I was skeptical, but it was amazing. Eggplant is a great word in Italian: melanzane.

I went on a date with Fabietto's younger sister Francesca, who was about the cutest thing ever. She had a boyfriend though and I was crushed. Something lost in translation, I guess, but she was the one who expressed interest! Women, man.

How do you feel about mayo? Ranch w/Pizza?

Shrimp/White/YumYum sauce is great in those contexts because it provides a cool and tangy/sweet base to complement with the one-note salt bomb that is usually served up at Hibachi Grills. It's not like these places are serving top-notch perfectly seasoned Donburi bowls.

For the record I made stir fry for the family over the Holidays and whipped up my own batch of Shrimp Sauce. Mayo, Butter, Tomato Paste, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Sugar, and Cayenne (water until the consistency is right). Whisk it all together and let the flavors meld overnight. om nom nom. Batch-cooking 12+ cups of rice along w/cooking chicken, veggies etc. was always going to require some over-seasoning to cover up my poor technique so the sauce was nice to have as a pair.

Mayo is good in small doses, IMO. I can dig a light spread of it on a sandwich and it's mixed with many casseroles that I like. However, I'd prefer a Dijon mustard over mayo most of the time.

I was a big ranch with pizza guy growing up but have also gotten away from that. Maybe it's the high blood pressure or the 20 lbs I need to lose... Don't get me wrong, I'm a big ranch guy, just on the right foods...primarily fried stuff like mozz sticks, cheese fries, etc.

I think I could get behind a homemade white sauce, much more so than the stuff at the Hibachi restaurants. I may even try that recipe sometime if I'm feeling ambitious.

According to the Wake Network, there are 0 current alumni living in Portugal. Job hunting is going really well, but at least I will be the only one of something.

Got a date Sunday or Monday. Big boobs and uses a lot of exclamation points !!!1

Jk, jk. I'll buy a round at least -- it's just drinks, so maybe the whole tab.

Not too many people named Milt anymore. Solid name. Strong. Like Leon. Leon and Milt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back