• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Imagine the Process had they taken about anyone other than Noel and Fultz. Whiffs

The Sixers effectively had #6 and #11 when Hinkie took Noel and MCW...if you have two, you can gamble one on Giannis.

Wes Mathews is breaking my heart. He's supposedly going to the Pacers. Great pick-up for them.

Maybe the Sixers can add Philly native Wayne Ellington. He'd be perfect off the bench.

Gortat and Kanter being bought out. Kanter to Ws?

Imagine the Process had they taken about anyone other than Noel and Fultz. Whiffs

Yeah. Look back through those drafts. Obviously they could have gotten Giannis and Tatum with those picks. But even if they didn't, there were plenty of players who would have been nice complementary players at the least. It's OK to miss, but moving up to get Fultz when they were planning to start Simmons at PG is just weird.

I hate tanking, but The Process has worked to elevate the franchise despite some obvious misses. The irony of a Hornets fan mocking the Sixers is pretty funny.

2015 76ers starters: MCW, Mbah a Moute, Covington, Noel, Sims
2016 76ers starters: Ish Smith, Stauskas, Grant, Noel, Okafor
2017 76ers starters: McConnell, Henderson, Saric, Covington, Ilyasova (Embiid played 32 games)
2018 76ers starters: Simmons, Redick, Saric, Covington, Embiid
2019 76ers starters: Simmons, Redick, Butler, Harris, Embiid

If that's a shitshow to you, instead of an impressive 5 year path to contending...

Check out the players Philly paid to play for them in 2014-15:

il8jbO5.png

Bucks and Raptors have to be ahead of Philly odds-wise to get out of the East. Hell, the Celtics may be above them too.

Last night, the odds were Sixers/Bucks 2-1, Celtics/Raptors 5/2. That's about as even as you can get.

trying to engage 2&2 on the process is like trying to engage rj on non-counting stats

2&2 is just jealous he's been watching the 7-seed in the East for ten years

Right, those odds have definitely changed with the Bucks and Raptors' trades - and not to the Sixers' favor.

Fanduels supposedly has the following odds:

Raptors 9/5
Celtics 2.4/1
Bucks 7/2
Sixers 7/2
Pacers 36/1

I would actually have the Top 4 at 8/5 -2/1. It's that close. If Butler gets his head out of his ass, the Sixers should be favored, but that's not a sure thing.

man i can't wait until my knicks lineup next year is Kyrie, DSJ, Zion, KD and some journey man center ready to get a ring

fuck the Lakers. But you know in the offseason Rich Paul will just tell BOS he won't sign there and will end up with the Lakers anyways.

Fanduels supposedly has the following odds:

Raptors 9/5
Celtics 2.4/1
Bucks 7/2
Sixers 7/2
Pacers 36/1

I would actually have the Top 4 at 8/5 -2/1. It's that close. If Butler gets his head out of his ass, the Sixers should be favored, but that's not a sure thing.

8/5 to 2/1 for 4 teams would be crappy odds. Bettors would look elsewhere for their future action.

Current Bovada and Intertops odds for the Eastern Conference Championship:

Bovada

Toronto +190
Boston +200
Milwaukee +230
Philly +360

Everyone else is 40 to 1 or worse.

Intertops has:

Toronto +200
Boston +250
Milwaukee +275
Philly +300

Everyone else is 33 to 1 or worse.

Those would be crappy odds. Bettors would look elsewhere for their future action.

Current Bovada and Intertops odds for the Eastern Conference Championship:

Bovada

Toronto +190
Boston +200
Milwaukee +230
Philly +360

Everyone else is 40 to 1 or worse.

Intertops has:

Toronto +200
Boston +250
Milwaukee +275
Philly +300

Everyone else is 33 to 1 or worse.

what about the bulls?

Right, those odds have definitely changed with the Bucks and Raptors' trades - and not to the Sixers' favor.

Don't disagree with this. Think it's basically a three horse race. Boston didn't get better and they've taken a serious step back this year. The Bucks are murdering people right now and they got better at the deadline. They'd be my betting favorites.

Sixers just finished a pretty brutal 12 game stretch where they beat the Wolves, Pacers, Rockets, Spurs, Warriors, and Lakers (and Knicks) and dropped games to the Nuggets, Kings, Hawks, Wizards, and Thunder. They played up to good competition and lost to worse teams while Redick and Chandler sat. The rest of their schedule is a return back East where I expect they'll start really beating up the bottom half of the league and start putting full squads up against the contenders. Last year the team was .500 going into January and ended up teh 3 seed and made a nice run to the conference finals. I suspect they'll have a nice run in and finish somewhere from 2-4 and playoffs are playoffs.

2015 76ers starters: MCW, Mbah a Moute, Covington, Noel, Sims
2016 76ers starters: Ish Smith, Stauskas, Grant, Noel, Okafor
2017 76ers starters: McConnell, Henderson, Saric, Covington, Ilyasova (Embiid played 32 games)
2018 76ers starters: Simmons, Redick, Saric, Covington, Embiid
2019 76ers starters: Simmons, Redick, Butler, Harris, Embiid

If that's a shitshow to you, instead of an impressive 5 year path to contending...

Check out the players Philly paid to play for them in 2014-15:

il8jbO5.png

Good to see Townie still hates ish smith after a year+ away from the boards smh smh

the celtics took a step back and WAY WAY WAY overachieved last year

Back