• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Their ownership is pretty crappy and it's fucking cold in Chicago for most of the season.

weather is overstated -- you're on the road much of the season anyways

the problem is a combination of bad luck and management with no clear strategy

had good core players that all came through draft -- Rose, Noah, Gibson, Butler, Deng -- but injuries really hurt them

they only really set themselves up for a big free agency splash the year Carmelo went to New York, otherwise they've been kinda going back and forth on strategy and making short-sighted moves through free agency

All I said was it is a factor not THE factor. All things being equal, you don't think people (who aren't from Chicago) wouldn't prefer being in LA, Miami, even SF over Chicago?

It wasn't by accident that I put ownership first.

nor did I say that you did, only that it is overstated

outside of getting paid, players want to win and be in markets that raise their profile for endorsement/legacy purposes; secondary considerations are tax laws, weather, hometowns, etc.

AD's short list apparently includes the Bucks because he wants to be on a good team in the East -- Milwaukee has worse winter weather than Chicago

But it has better players and better management.

Twenty-five years ago, where you played dramatically impacted your endorsements. It isn't that big a deal today. Westbrook and Durant did very well in OKC. Houston is a big city but not a media or style center. Hardin is doing well there. If you are a star, it doesn't matter much where you are today.

As usual Juice can't read...RJ didn't say "weather is the main factor". He said "it's fucking cold in Chicago for most of the season". It's a HUGE difference. The post is VERY clear. Keep trying Juice, maybe one day you'll catch RJ on an off day...I'm not holding my breath.

Bucks get Mirotic from the Pelicans. Like their chances to come out of the East.

Hopefully, tomorrow, the Sixers will get Wes Matthews.

That would give them a second team of:

Matthews
TJ
Scott
Boban
Ennis/Furkasz

Maybe the Raptors will take his bro for some spare change.

Why would Memphis do that? There's zero salary savings it appears.

Why would Memphis do that? There's zero salary savings it appears.

Yes, that is one of the dumbest trades I have ever seen. They are allegedly trying to rebuild, yet got no salary relief, no young prospects, and no worthwhile picks. They just basically dumped the cornerstone of their franchise for no benefit.

unless I guess they knew Gasol was going to be opting out and they'd get nothing and had no other offers and they like Jonas or something.

Gasol has a $25.5 million player option for next year, there is no way he opts out. And the Hornets reportedly had made an offer of MKG + Biyombo + a protected 1st .

Back