• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I also had them punting on two years to wait to clear salary the other day. Dumping Barnes for nothing is even better.

Yep. Great move. Barnes went from a legit 3rd option on a great championship team to a salary dump for an old and a younger Hole version of him.

The league's gonna get fun again if KD leaves the Dubs.

Nah. They’d still be the clear best team in the league unless KD joins Leborn and AD in LA.

Nah. They’d still be the clear best team in the league unless KD joins Leborn and AD in LA.

Draymond ain't Draymond anymore. Iggy and Livingston ain't getting any younger, and their bench is like 3 dudes weaker from before they got KD.

Without KD I think this team is behind Houston, Philly, Toronto and the Bucks, with Denver, OKC and the Blazers capable of beating them in 7. Problem is they lose KD its not like they just get cap space, so they can't replace him with anything.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: John Wall out for a year

Draymond ain't Draymond anymore. Iggy and Livingston ain't getting any younger, and their bench is like 3 dudes weaker from before they got KD.

That’s what a draft and free agency are for. I think it would take time for the Dubs to adjust after losing KD, but I think they’d eventually be back at the top in the West assuming KD doesn’t form another super team in the West.

There's no free agency when you're paying Steph Klay and Draymond a combined $120 mil, and good luck trying to rebuild from the draft in the late 20's every year.

Although watching Steph take 35 shots a game like Harden is doing now sure will be fun as shit to watch.

Dyv6s7xU8AEbyp_.jpg:large

Yep. Great move. Barnes went from a legit 3rd option on a great championship team to a salary dump for an old and a younger Hole version of him.

Reports out now that Barnes knew he might get traded last night and asked to play anyway. Classy. I liked the dude. Hope he does well in SAC

I think people assume that if KD leaves the dubs can just go back to being the team that won 73 games. There are multiple problems with that theory.

1. The pre-KD dubs relied on a high degree of difficulty offensive system. It was devastating because every player knew their role and played it to near perfection. Klay and Draymond have both dropped off on that end since their peak, Draymond considerably so. And the team beyond the top three (excluding KD and Cousins) has gotten worse.

2. That team’s defense was predicated on Draymond Green being otherworldly on that end of the floor. He’s still amazing, but he’s lost a quarter step and that’s all some teams need to exploit their death lineup. Iggy is on his last legs and KD is their second best defender at this point.

3. The league had figured the Warriors out by the end of 15-16. They went 7-7 with a negative point differential over their past 14 games. They certainly don’t get past the Rockets last year without KD, and Zaza’s hit on Kawhi isn’t shrugged off nearly as easily.

4. The Warriors invincibility has always been overstated.

Otto Porter to Bulls for Portis and Parker. Wiz shed Porter’s salary. Not sure I get this deal from the Bulls’ perspective

Porter is a fit for the team, but that contract is horrid. The Bulls are still at least 1 superstar from being relevant to even sniff the playoffs. With the contracts coming off, they have space for 1 max still, but that needs to be a PG and hopefully hit the lottery and get your choice at the top of the draft.

Something else to think about the Sixers tax bills for the next two to three years is that they have received tax payouts for being well under the cap for most of the past five years. When you add that to not being in the repeater tax until 21-22, being over the cap is not going impact them as much it would for other teams.

It's amazing how the Bulls have so much trouble attracting players. I guess no one is really interested in playing in Jordan's shadow.

Back