• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: John Wall out for a year

I should have crashed the boards. I had two elite shooters and great rebounders.

Ended up with a similar team as ph. Won 172 - 147. I coached the pass the ball option. I'm here when you need me ronnie. Won't need 3 mil for me.

Ended up with a similar team as ph. Won 172 - 147. I coached the pass the ball option. I'm here when you need me ronnie. Won't need 3 mil for me.

#coaching

188-152 for team Giannis. Focused on the GS guys, it was all about shooting shooting shooting.

Trust the Process! That's a lotta picks for a 1 year rental, but Harris is really good. Might be too many chefs in the kitchen though.

Sixers have the best starting 5 in the East now. If they can stay healthy I can see the Sixers making it to the finals.

Need to fill out the bench still, and having two guys on expiring deals seems...unprecedented, but a core of Embiid-Simmons-Butler-Harris is really good. This is what you stockpile assets for. Hate to give em up when you're asshole clenching for the 8th spot every year but when you're trying to contend, this is what you do.

Trust the Process! That's a lotta picks for a 1 year rental, but Harris is really good. Might be too many chefs in the kitchen though.

Yeah I don't see this working out, the fantasy-style roster composition rarely works in any sport. They will need to either move Butler or it will implode. I do think the Harris acquisition was solid if they can re-sign him, I like him better than Butler or Simmons.

Sixers claim that they intend to resign Harris

Disagree. Tobias Harris shared a lot of shots with the Clippers. He and Galinari and Lou Wililams all played together and deferred to the hot hand. Harris also averaging 3 assists a game in LA, more the last month. Think about it, 76ers can now spread the court with Embiid, Harris, JJ and Harris and post up Simmons. Should be fun. Not a great look for Butler though. I would consider trading him to someone like Atl for Prince and some depth - Jeremy Lin or Bazemore plus Atl's first round pick lottery protected for a year or two.

The Sixers' 1st round pick is likely to be low. Miami's pick could be good. Second round picks are a crapshoot. But Harris is much better than Chandler for the stretch run and could be insurance from losing Butler. He's also a good shooter which they need at that spot. Boban can't shoot like Muscala but is a better rebounder. Scott can get some boards and make some threes.

Shamet could become a really good player. I think he's as much a key to the trade as Harris.

This could be a rare trade that works out for both teams. It will take more time for the Clippers, but that's OK for them.

The Sixers still need a guard who can shoot.

I have not been at all impressed by Brown's coaching. He's now on the clock. If the Sixers don't make it to the conference finals, I'd say he's gone.

Sixers claim that they intend to resign Harris

They claim they want to resign Butler too, but if he walks and they can get Fultz's contract off the books, they'll have room for another max or near max, and Simmons-Embiid-Harris is a good core too.

If not/this season, buyout guys to fill the bench at this point are...Wes Matthews? Then maybe dump the bench guys and more seconds for Taurean Prince/Lin, a rotation something like:

PG: Simmons, Lin
SG: JJ, Wes
SF: Butler, Prince
PF: Harris, Scott, Bolden
C: Embiid, Boban

Think it makes the sixers the favorite in the east for now. Milwaukee is still damn good, Celtics can get hot, and the raptors could potentially make a move and become the favorites. Should be a hell of a lot of fun in the Eastern Playoffs this year.

If they can keep those 4 together in Philly think it's a good trade. Time to strike is now for them, if NY gets some superteam they can still compete, and if Durant leaves the Warriors then everything is up for grabs.

When asked about why Wilt never got much love from the public, legendary coach Alex Hannum said, "Nobody loves Goliath." With this trade the Sixers may have the most fun center position in NBA history with Embiid and Boban. Those two could be absolutely hilarious together. Philly fans will love Boban.

For those who love the Per 36 stats, Boban is all-timer, 22.9/14.7.

Sixers basically turned the 10th and 26th picks in last year’s draft, plus their own future lottery protected first, into Harris and Zhaire Smith. Not bad

If Zhaire Smith ever plays.

Given the trade was made by Jerry West, I'm wondering if it will be next year or the year after that Landry Shamet becomes Klay II. The Logo is the greatest NBA GM ever by a wide, wide, wide margin.

Sixers basically turned the 10th and 26th picks in last year’s draft, plus their own future lottery protected first, into Harris and Zhaire Smith. Not bad

Boban is a national treasure.

Back