• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Why would he be? Ingram is still a maybe in terms of ever being a good player. Ball is a no. Kuzma is empty calories.

Hard to believe the Lakers had 3 #2 picks and came up with Russell/Ingram/Ball. Ingram is the only one of those 3 who was probably the correct pick.

Eh, it happens all the time, just look at the disastrous picks of The Process. Teams overvalue draft picks as "assets" way too much. More often than not they quickly end up being neutral or liabilities once the actual pick is made.

Russell is a 22 year old All-Star and the 3rd player from that class to make an All-Star team.

Russell is having a crazy good year though. The job Atikinson is doing in Brooklyn with literally a team of cast offs + three late 1st round picks Jarrett Allen, Rondale Hollis-Jefferson, Carl Levert (inj), and rookie Korucs is pretty remarkable. Joe Harris (Cle) and Russell (Lakers) are their two best players. And they're gonna make the playoffs. Joe Harris is seriously balling, sneaky good. He found no PT at Cleveland with Lebron there.

They've lost 3 in a row and seem to be tailspinning since Dinwiddie went down. Agree that Atkinson is doing a great job, but I could see them getting caught and bumped by Detroit, Washington, or ATL depending on what happens at the trade deadline.

They've lost 3 in a row and seem to be tailspinning since Dinwiddie went down. Agree that Atkinson is doing a great job, but I could see them getting caught and bumped by Detroit, Washington, or ATL depending on what happens at the trade deadline.

Hawks are 18-35. They would need to win at least 20 probably more of their remaining 29 games just to get within sneezing distance of the playoffs. Nets are the 6th seed now. I do think Detroit will catch Miami for the 8th spot and I could certainly see Brooklyn falling as far as the 8th seed, but the Nets are 5 games ahead of the Wizards and the Heat look awful this year. Sadly, James Johnson has been atrocious. Hoping he pulls it together after the all-star break AS HE'S ON MY FANTASY TEAM and I am holding on to him to see wtf happens at the trade deadline and all-star break, but he has been a huge disappointment since coming back from hernia surgery. At $10mil a year, he is barely moveable though

And 2 picks that won't pan out to be shit when their position is determined by Lebron and AD playing together.

That assumes they could put together the ancillary pieces quick enough to make the playoffs this year after trading away basically the whole team other than Lebron. They'll get the usual buyout guys to go there sucking Lebron's nuts, but the Pelicans are trash with a significantly better supporting cast around AD than the Lakers could put together at this point assuming the trade is as rumored. As good as Lebron and AD are, I don't think you can play 2 on 5 in the Western Conference with much success. It is a different situation than Lebron compiling crap Cavs teams and waltzing through the then-weak East.

these are contradictory ideas

The fact that the Lakers' offer consists of so many discrete pieces underscores the Pelicans' (likely) belief that none of those pieces are all that good.

The fact that the Lakers' offer consists of so many discrete pieces underscores the Pelicans' (likely) belief that none of those pieces are all that good.

I think it is more a reflection of getting the salaries to match. No matter what you think of Ingram and Kuzma or even Ball, since they are all three on rookie deals, their salaries add up to half of Anthony Davis so the Lakers HAVE to add Beasley and the others to get it to work. Most likely all or some of those guys will get bought out. It is essentially Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma + a first round pick for Davis. Ball they should trade to any place that will take him. Kids is a solid NBA player but not worth the headache. Plus, if for no other reason his jumper is just too ugly. I'd rather watch a kid play handball by himself than be forced to watch Ball shoot even one more three.

these are contradictory ideas

Not at all. I'm a Hornets season ticket holder. I know exactly what happens when you are on the outside looking in at the playoffs but also not bad enough for your pick to be of much use unless you are more lucky than good.

Hawks are 18-35. They would need to win at least 20 probably more of their remaining 29 games just to get within sneezing distance of the playoffs. Nets are the 6th seed now. I do think Detroit will catch Miami for the 8th spot and I could certainly see Brooklyn falling as far as the 8th seed, but the Nets are 5 games ahead of the Wizards and the Heat look awful this year. Sadly, James Johnson has been atrocious. Hoping he pulls it together after the all-star break AS HE'S ON MY FANTASY TEAM and I am holding on to him to see wtf happens at the trade deadline and all-star break, but he has been a huge disappointment since coming back from hernia surgery. At $10mil a year, he is barely moveable though

The Hawks are young, gelling, and playing much better of late. It would be tough, but I could see them making a run if some other teams slide. I think Brooklyn falls to 8 no doubt. The question is whether one of the other squads can make up ground to oust them completely, but I think a veteran Heat or Bullets team can do it if they see the spot available. The other variable is whether the wheels come off the Pacers and their slide props up the Nets. I could see the Pacers going 9-20 while the Hawks go 20-9 over the remainder of the season.

The Hawks are young, gelling, and playing much better of late. It would be tough, but I could see them making a run if some other teams slide. I think Brooklyn falls to 8 no doubt. The question is whether one of the other squads can make up ground to oust them completely, but I think a veteran Heat or Bullets team can do it if they see the spot available. The other variable is whether the wheels come off the Pacers and their slide props up the Nets. I could see the Pacers going 9-20 while the Hawks go 20-9 over the remainder of the season.

Going 20-9 in the NBA is the equivalent of going on a 7-2 run in the NFL. It's doable for top 2 or 3 seed playoff teams in either conference, but almost impossible for anybody outside the Nuggets, Warriors, Toronto, Milwaukee. Maybe the Lakers once Lebron is fully back and they trade deadline distraction is past.

But my point is still the Nets started the year 8-18 and are now 28-27. In that time, they lost Carl Levert for almost all of those games, Hollis-Jefferson for half those games, and Dinwiddie the last three or four. That is crazy IMO. Now, THERE is your improbably 20-9 by the way. In fact, they went 20-6 before losing the last three. They won the second of a back-to-back in that span where the NIGHT BEFORE they won in 3 OT.

Here's a point of reference to think about: If the Lakers make this trade, the Pels will effectively be the Lakers of last year. Is that enough to make a trade now?

That is one of the most BS stories I've ever seen. He allegedly ruptures his Achilles at home, but it was only discovered by a team doctor when cleaning out an infection from his heal surgery, but needs major surgery to repair? I'm pretty sure that if someone ruptures their Achilles they pretty damn well know it. That sounds as real as Fultz's injury or whatever DeJuan Wagner said he had to cover up the hiv.

Wall ruptured his Achilles at home. Wow!!

NOt sure what to think of this. It is possible, but ... it is also John Wall. There were all sorts of reports of his partying as the season was starting ...

I won 167-137. Suck it Lebron. Crashed the boards.

Had Giannis, Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, George, Davis, Westbrook, Jokic, Simmons, Lowry, Aldridge, Middleton, Wade.

Back