• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Yeah Trae is so impressive. Can shoot, create for himself, pass, has ridiculous handles. Paired with the incredibly efficient Collins (just outside top 20 in PER as a rookie is wild, plus borderline top 10 TS% and eFG%), that's a good young core with Huerter.

JJ really sucks tonight...

Also the sixers won on the road in OKC without Embiid breaking a losing streak against the Thunder going back to 2008, Simmons had a triple double, and Harris had 32

Paul George was out as well.

What I don't get is how Westbrook went from being an 80+% FT shooter to 66% this year.

It was a big win.The team needs to get past the Pacers for the third seed. Hopefully, the big guys will get healthy soon.

Pretty crazy that 10 years ago, it was a no-brainer that Josh Howard was better than Kyle Korver in the 2003 class. Now Korver's clearly the #5 player in that class behind Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Melo.

He is, and he will likely only get better. I still have an issue with trading Doncic for him - I guess I sort of get. The gamble was likely that Young was going to be Buddy Hield bad to average his first year, possibly two - he was pretty frail until - honestly, it feels like the all-star break and now, he can suddenly take a hit and still get his shot off. And then Young was going to be all-star good by Year 3. In the interim, they get two more lottery picks.

I do think Doncic needs to get in better shape as he gets older. I imagine he will. He looks like he is playing 20 pounds heavier than he should (Ditto for Towns btw). Could be a trade that ends up working for both teams equally well.

I will point out that three years ago I mentioned that Buddy Hield was a top 3 pick and it looked like I was an idiot even two years later - not as stupid as Kings mgmt who traded Boogie for him, but still, pretty stupid. Dude is balling this year.

Trae Young is a great 5th overall pick in a vacuum. GREAT.

The trade giving away Doncic for him is just horrific though. It was horrific in the moment, it will be horrific in 10 years. The fact that Doncic fell to the Hawks at #3 was all time luck to begin with ... to then turn their back on that franchise changing event is why they are the fucking Hawks.

Collins is good as hell though. That dude can flat out ball and will be on an All-Star team very soon, next year maybe? He's fantastic.

Trae Young is a great 5th overall pick in a vacuum. GREAT.

The trade giving away Doncic for him is just horrific though. It was horrific in the moment, it will be horrific in 10 years. The fact that Doncic fell to the Hawks at #3 was all time luck to begin with ... to then turn their back on that franchise changing event is why they are the fucking Hawks.

Collins is good as hell though. That dude can flat out ball and will be on an All-Star team very soon, next year maybe? He's fantastic.

Agree to disagree. I don't think Doncic will age well and Trae is starting to find his way. And the Hawks get Dallas's top 10 pick this year. Hard to judge a trade in the first season. Give it a few years, but I think both franchises will be happy with the results - and hopefully Hawks will be ecstatic.

Are you seriously arguing about whether a 20 year old will age well?
Hawks fans Stockholm Syndrome with that trade is bizarre.

It was an awful, awful, awful trade. There's not been a single second they have both been alive that Doncic hasn't been a entire level above Trae Young as a player, and that's not going to change.

That all being said, Young and Collins are a fun core and the Hawks should be competitive for quite a while going forward.

It was a big win.The team needs to get past the Pacers for the third seed. Hopefully, the big guys will get healthy soon.

Whatever it takes seed-wise to avoid the Celtics in the first round. Only a half game back of the Pacers as of today.

We're playing Golden State and they're playing the Magic on Saturday though...

Whatever it takes seed-wise to avoid the Celtics in the first round. Only a half game back of the Pacers as of today.

sixers will defs pass the Oladipo-less Indy

The GS game is truly scary with them losing back-to-back in FL.

Agree to disagree. I don't think Doncic will age well and Trae is starting to find his way. And the Hawks get Dallas's top 10 pick this year. Hard to judge a trade in the first season. Give it a few years, but I think both franchises will be happy with the results - and hopefully Hawks will be ecstatic.

lol

Maybe the Celtics will just flip the switch when the playoffs start, but they are a crappy basketball team right now. They have lost 4 straight including a 10 point loss to a Bulls team that is trying to lose, and Toronto just embarrassed them on Tuesday on national TV. Can understand why the 76ers would like to avoid Boston after last season's playoffs, but the Celtics looking vulnerable right now.

Last edited:
Celtics are broken

Brad Stevens fired, Shaka Smart fired

Wellman still hires Russell Turner

Back