• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

He was just trying to get him earlier than expected and before the Celtics could make a push because of Kyrie's contract. One or more of Davis, Kawhi, Kemba, Butler, or Cousins (who blows but whatever) will end up with the Lakers this summer as planned.

Some of those aren’t like the others. Not sure if a LeBron/Cousins pairing changes the Western Conference outlook. Kemba would make the Lakers fun to watch, but that’s not a championship level team.

Also, LeBron will be 35 next year. He’s not the same game changing force that he was.

Yeah I think the only ones that make the Lakers a championship-able team are Kawhi and Davis. Depending on what they have to shed from the payroll.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: All-Star Weekend

Some of those aren’t like the others. Not sure if a LeBron/Cousins pairing changes the Western Conference outlook. Kemba would make the Lakers fun to watch, but that’s not a championship level team.

Also, LeBron will be 35 next year. He’s not the same game changing force that he was.

Based simply on his age? He’s still a game changing force. He has always required multiple All-Star level teammates to contend for championships. A weak East helps as well.

Boban avoids major injury. Dude has a seriously low tolerance for discomfort. He looked like Caris Lavert or Gordon Hayward writhing around in pain. Granted, as we have learned, 7'3" players take twice as long to recover from major knee injuries (see Porzingis), but holy cow Boban was rolling around like his leg was barely attached. For comparison, Kobe got up, walked over and hit free throws after severing his achilles.

I will say Tim Duncan had a low tolerance for pain as well, but not Boban low.

Pain =/= severity of injury

But I'm glad to see Boban isn't as hurt as it looked like he was.

Still, the Portland game showed how he's not really a useful backup center against playoff caliber teams, or especially not teams with a great pick and roll. Dude cannot move at all. If he leans the wrong way he's beat.

Playoff Sixers need 10 minutes max at the backup center spot, and even with Bolden, Boban, and Amir, I don't think they really have anybody who isn't a black hole there. The bench continues to be a problem for this team.

Based simply on his age? He’s still a game changing force. He has always required multiple All-Star level teammates to contend for championships. A weak East helps as well.

Doesn't look like the same player to me. Don't think he is top 3 NBA player right now. BTW, who were LeBron's multiple All-Star level teammates last year when he willed Cleveland to the NBA Finals? A banged up Kevin Love?

This Lakers team has more "pieces" than last year's Cleveland team; yet, they are worse. Part of it explainable by playing in the Western Conference, but LeBron is also not playing well. The Lakers are 29-31 and losing to crappy teams that are trying to lose. Agree that LeBron does need multiple All-Star players to contend again because he is currently not the type of player that can carry a team starting George Hill, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson deep into the playoffs.

Don't conflate representing the East in the Finals with contending for a championship. Contenders usually don't get swept by an average of 15 ppg.

Lebron has always needed multiple All-Star level players. That's why he joined Wade and Bosh in Miami. That's why he returned to Cleveland and immediately made moves to get Love to join him and Kyrie. That's why he was willing to trade a promising young core in LA to get AD.

Last edited:
So are you saying that the Cavs didn't contend last year when they won the East and played for the NBA title or are you claiming that JR Smith, George Hill and Tristan Thompson are all-stars?

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: All-Star Weekend

I said

Don't conflate representing the East in the Finals with contending for a championship. Contenders usually don't get swept by an average of 15 ppg.

Last edited:
With Embiid and Boban out with injuries, I've signed a 10 day with my Sixers.

Trae got a lot of hate early, but he's really, really good.

Trae got a lot of hate early, but he's really, really good.

He is, and he will likely only get better. I still have an issue with trading Doncic for him - I guess I sort of get. The gamble was likely that Young was going to be Buddy Hield bad to average his first year, possibly two - he was pretty frail until - honestly, it feels like the all-star break and now, he can suddenly take a hit and still get his shot off. And then Young was going to be all-star good by Year 3. In the interim, they get two more lottery picks.

I do think Doncic needs to get in better shape as he gets older. I imagine he will. He looks like he is playing 20 pounds heavier than he should (Ditto for Towns btw). Could be a trade that ends up working for both teams equally well.

I will point out that three years ago I mentioned that Buddy Hield was a top 3 pick and it looked like I was an idiot even two years later - not as stupid as Kings mgmt who traded Boogie for him, but still, pretty stupid. Dude is balling this year.

Seems like Collins isn't getting enough press for how good he's been this season

Putting up 20/10 and a 22 PER

Would like to see his defensive stats get better, he barely blocks any shots, but he's right up there with Donovan Mitchell and Tatum in that class to me. Ben Simmons a notch above those guys.

You can see the next generation of NBA stars starting to form

I don't get to see a lot of JC, but he and Trae seem to have a great PnR game going. '

He does often seem undersized compared to the guys he's guarding on the highlight reels.

Seems like Collins isn't getting enough press for how good he's been this season

Would like to see his defensive stats get better, he barely blocks any shots, but he's right up there with Donovan Mitchell and Tatum in that class to me. Ben Simmons a notch above those guys.

Kind of agree, but hard to get a lot of pub when your team is 21-41. I had no idea that Zach Levine was averaging 23+ ppg until this week because the Bulls are terrible and no one pay attention to them.

I think I mentioned this on the Collins thread but during the Rising Stars game they asked Chuck who he thought the future All-Stars were and he mentioned 5 or 6 guys who weren’t Collins. I definitely think the Hawks are a good draft and healthy season away from the playoffs.

Yeha and he's efficient, he's not putting up emtpy stats

The big question is what will happen if the Hawks get more talent.

Will Young still chuck it up? Will he spread the ball around? Will he be more efficient?

The big question is what will happen if the Hawks get more talent.

Will Young still chuck it up? Will he spread the ball around? Will he be more efficient?

He's already a borderline elite passer with one of the highest assist rates in the league. Had a rough shooting start to the season, but for the last two months has been more efficient than rookie steph on way more attempts. Could just be a hot streak, or he might just be figuring it out.

Back