• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans outpacing Democrats in early voting in key states, NBC News finds

OldGoldandGrobe

Reaction score
Last edited:
All that data shows is party registration, we have no idea who they're voting for and we don't know how independent early voters are voting. Also have no idea if the trend indicates a rise in interest that translates to the overall electorate or if these are just enthusiastic people who wanted to vote as soon as possible.

The demographics of voters who early vote and vote on election day aren't the same and in most instances the election day voters outnumber early voters.

Lol @ drawing conclusions from early voting data in 2018. You’re about 6-8 years too late.

Also is OGG actually Lectro?

The essence of both of their posts (troll the libs) are essentially the same with a slight difference in style.

Republicans always lead in vote by mail.

Pod save America had a good segment on interpreting early voting on Mondays episode. It varies by state and how long it’s had EV but higher EV does not necessarily equate to higher than normal aggregate turnout. EV often cannibalizes Election Day voting.

So whether you bat for the D or R team, you’re getting out way ahead of your skis by starting threads about kicking asses based on early voting returns on October 23rd.

But carry on.

i am a registered Republican and i would not vote for a Republican right now...and didn't!

d524c61594a3707c9a12c1b95d976725_w200.gif

Say what you will about Donald Trump, but the man is one hell of a leader for the Republican Party. They love the guy.

i am a registered Republican and i would not vote for a Republican right now...and didn't!

Makes two of us (although I technically changed registration from Republican to unaffiliated).

If you told me back in 2010 that I would be casting a vote for Elizabeth Warren in 2018, I would say you’re fucking crazy but here we are. GOP is the one who took a straight path to crazy town and I’m done until the entire party is purged of this bullshit know nothingness.

Here’s another - I registered R at age 18 and have since proceeded to rarely vote for a pub in a major election, go figure. But I’ll keep it so I can still vote in primaries to attempt to keep out the super crazies

The grieving process is going to be tough after the butt kicking you're about to receive. You might as well start getting the denial stage out of the way ahead of the final, sickening results. Or, you can post more plaintive threads to millennials. They even have participant awards at the voting places near me ("I voted" stickers)!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/republicans-outpacing-democrats-early-voting-key-states-nbc-news-finds-n922881

Be Best.

Here’s another - I registered R at age 18 and have since proceeded to rarely vote for a pub in a major election, go figure. But I’ll keep it so I can still vote in primaries to attempt to keep out the super crazies

Fist bump.

The grieving process is going to be tough after the butt kicking you're about to receive. You might as well start getting the denial stage out of the way ahead of the final, sickening results. Or, you can post more plaintive threads to millennials. They even have participant awards at the voting places near me ("I voted" stickers)!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/republicans-outpacing-democrats-early-voting-key-states-nbc-news-finds-n922881

Why Early Voting Was Overhyped

Don’t blame ‘the data’ when ad hoc analysis goes wrong.

Some statistical indicators are more useful than others. Data on early voting, for instance, usually doesn’t provide much predictive insight. Historically, the relationship between early voting in a state and the final voting totals there has been weak, and attempts to make inferences from early voting data have made fools of otherwise smart people.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/early-voting-was-a-misleading-indicator/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Most because of military votes. I also think Dem GOTV traditionally focuses on early in person voting.

I'm registered Unaffiliated, but my voting history shows me taking the GOP ballot in all the primaries, so I'm safe from voter roll cullings.

Republicans always lead in vote by mail.

A buddy of mine's Dad is headed to assisted living (he is 82) but is going dying and screaming because he is worried about getting his mail. He finally came clean with his kid and said he would have moved earlier but was scared he would not get his mail. Was also worried about how his phone would be "transferred".

Hard to believe our greatest generation is so scared of technology. Even the kind where you fill out a card at the post office to have your mail forwarded.

My AOL was crashing. so I uninstalled it.

The I downlaoded it. After I saved it came up with a box abotu "Administrator and Password. I've NEVER done anything like this before.

So I change it to me.

It won't let me open it.

WHAT GIVES?

Last edited:
Back