• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Seems like no one in the Big 12 could stand up to them over the years but Chirs Beard seems to have solved that.

K-State a little more random, Weber seems to have hit on a good collection of players there.

And Kansas lost a ton of dudes from their original expected roster

To give an idea of how dominant Kansas's 14 year run of 1st place regular season finishes is: Duke has not finished first in the ACC regular season since 2010 - 9 seasons, when Duke tied for 1st. Duke has not finished first in the ACC outright since 2006 - 13 seasons.

Last edited:
Currie should contact Kansas and see if they want to donate to the Chris Beard to Wake fund.

I'm gonna laugh when Duke and UNC hire shitty coaches from their coaching trees (keep it in the family!) in the next couple years when there are so much better coaches like Beard out there. Hopefully they're dumb enough to do it.

Cool of Beilein to not name WVU-Wake his top March Madness moment in the presence of ultimate Wake fan Andy Katz:

I'm gonna laugh when Duke and UNC hire shitty coaches from their coaching trees (keep it in the family!) in the next couple years when there are so much better coaches like Beard out there. Hopefully they're dumb enough to do it.

UNC did that with Doherty. Roy obviously bailed them out, but I would be surprised if they went down that path again.

I think UNC will go with the best available coach and Duke will hire Quin Synder from the tree due to a lack of great options in the college ranks.

Always had the feeling that Duke will hire Amaker to succeed K because that is what K wants. Have nothing to back that up, just got that sense. Amaker's resume does not merit that job, but K will name his successor.

Amaker would be a little weird since he and K haven't coached together in 22 years. But maybe they're still super close, I don't know, why do you think Amaker in particular Pilch?

Unless I’m missing somebody, Amaker was K’s first player to become a head coach.

I think UNC will go with the best available coach and Duke will hire Quin Synder from the tree due to a lack of great options in the college ranks.

I just don’t see Snyder ever going back to the college game. He is a very good nba coach . Why would he go back to a position that you have to do more than coach?

I just don’t see Snyder ever going back to the college game. He is a very good nba coach . Why would he go back to a position that you have to do more than coach?

Job security. He would coach a third of the games and have less travel even with recruiting. And Duke will pay him.

Back