• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Far from being a Duke fan; but Zion is just fun to watch. I think he played PG as a kid and he handles the ball like one. But I can't recall a player his size who jumps as quickly or as high as he does.

Far from being a Duke fan; but Zion is just fun to watch. I think he played PG as a kid and he handles the ball like one. But I can't recall a player his size who jumps as quickly or as high as he does.

There was a play yesterday when he jumped to contest a shot, jumped to tip the rebound, and jumped to get the rebound and it seemed like everyone else maybe jumped once.

My friends basically made me stop talking about him this year because they were annoyed

Kid is so good

One of those duke players it won’t be hard to cheer for in the league

Hard to imagine high school kids trying to guard him last season. The best college players are finding it rather difficult.

That said, Duke's inability to hit from the outside is likely to derail their national title hopes.

My friends basically made me stop talking about him this year because they were annoyed

Kid is so good

Those? Who else beside Grant Hill?

Kid is so good

Agree.
Being so good is one thing.
To be so good as a 285 lb freshman is something else.

If Duke wins tonight and Tennessee and Michigan State win tomorrow, I’d go with:
East - 1. Duke (#1 overall) 2. Michigan
South - 1. Virginia 2. Kentucky
Midwest - 1. Tennessee 2. North Carolina
West - 1. Michigan State 2. Gonzaga

And Gonzaga and Michigan state could be interchangeable to me out West.
How do you think they seed FSU? 3 seed? Or 4 seed?

Houston and FSU definitely 3s. And pick 2 of Texas Tech/LSU/Purdue/VaTech

Those? Who else beside Grant Hill?

Bagley, Carter, Parker

There are some that are still real easy to hate: Winslow, Allen, Plumlees

Most I’m pretty ambivalent

I tend to think that unless a player is a total piece of shit if they’re fun to watch it doesn’t matter so much where they played in college once they get to the nba

May be just me

Bagley, Carter, Parker

There are some that are still real easy to hate: Winslow, Allen, Plumlees

Most I’m pretty ambivalent

I tend to think that unless a player is a total piece of shit if they’re fun to watch it doesn’t matter so much where they played in college once they get to the nba

May be just me
It took a long time for me to be ok with cheering for Redick in the NBA...

“Made himself valuable”

Redick was the McDonalds AA MVP. He’s the all time leading scorer at Duke.

Yet Wake fans have underestimated him since threads wondering why Redick was ranked so much higher than Richard Joyce.

“Made himself valuable”

Redick was the McDonalds AA MVP. He’s the all time leading scorer at Duke.

Yet Wake fans have underestimated him since threads wondering why Redick was ranked so much higher than Richard Joyce.

To be fair he almost washed out of the league because he couldn’t create his own shot. That wasn’t an issue in college. There’s only so much value in a small unathletic sharpshooter guard who can’t defend.

Not only is his release so much quicker now, he’s added a lot more to his game off the ball. His two man game with Embiid is one of the best three or four combos in the game.

Back