• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Winner of Michigan State v Michigan should also get 1 seed consideration. Locks - UVA, Gonzaga, Duke if they win tonight. 4th #1 seed possibilities - UNC, Tenn., Big10 champ., Duke if they lose tonight.

I think Duke locked up a number one seed regardless of what happens tonight (committee will just minimize the Zion-less losses). I think if Tennessee wins tomorrow they're a lock for the fourth seed with Gonzaga, Duke, and Virginia. If they lose, Michigan State COULD get the one seed with a win but I still doubt it.

gonzaga doesn't deserve a one seed - although that doesn't mean the committee won't give it to them
resume is more like a 3
:couch:

They set the modern record for average winning margin in conference play, beat Zion with Duke, won 21 straight games, and their only three losses are to two teams who are going to be a one or two seed (Tennessee and UNC) and Saint Mary's (31 in KenPom).

Definitely deserve to be a 1 seed when you look at their schedule, performance, and metrics.

pick a metric and i'll give you four teams in the top 10 of NET with better numbers

not trying to make this a message board battle. just my opinion

Last edited:
Gonzaga:
Record = 30-3
Net Ranking = 2
Average Opponent Net Rank = 87
Q Score = 1.82
Quad 1/2 Wins = 10
SOS Rank = 46
Conf Strength = 8th

Houston:
Record = 31-2
Net Ranking = 4
Average Opponent Net Rank = 76
Q Score = 2.18
Quad 1/2 Wins = 16
SOS Rank = 51
Conf Strength = 6th

Tennessee, UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Virginia, Michigan, and Michigan State - all more "deserving". I'm not saying Gonzaga isn't good. I'm not saying they committee won't give them the one seed. However, according to all the "metrics" that are supposedly being considered they do not match up well with the other teams.
Beating Duke by two in November is it.

I think this is underselling Zion a bit. He was doing all of the stuff he is now in HS but people just didn’t think it would translate/play up to the new competition. And they thought his athleticism wouldnt be so off the charts against better athletes. Both were wrong. I think it’s disengenious to think K had anything at all to do with axion being as awesome as he is.

I didn’t say that.

Seton Hall took the DM root for a last shot, have your PG dribble for a contested 3, in a 2 point game.

Who would have thought that FSU and Duke (with Zion) would be tied at halftime?

If Duke wins tonight and Tennessee and Michigan State win tomorrow, I’d go with:
East - 1. Duke (#1 overall) 2. Michigan
South - 1. Virginia 2. Kentucky
Midwest - 1. Tennessee 2. North Carolina
West - 1. Michigan State 2. Gonzaga

And Gonzaga and Michigan state could be interchangeable to me out West.

Who would have thought that FSU and Duke (with Zion) would be tied at halftime?

FSU is 14-1 in their last 15, with the only loss @ UNC.

They are good. Especially with Cofer back in the mix for seemingly his 8th season of eligibility.

Back