• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I definitely want the person who got baited by Trump to run against him.

Warren officially throws her hat in the ring.

I think thats great news. The more progressive primary candidates the better IMO.

in case you hadn't noticed, the Republican Party is already split

the poorly prepared and undigestible leftover lubish pablum of radicals running the Republican Party has been a hallmark of lefty politics and a staple diet over there for over half a century, when you keep feeding yourself rubbish like that, no wonder you lose so many elections

Gibberishdeac.

in case you hadn't noticed, the Republican Party is already split

the poorly prepared and undigestible leftover lubish pablum of radicals running the Republican Party has been a hallmark of lefty politics and a staple diet over there for over half a century, when you keep feeding yourself rubbish like that, no wonder you lose so many elections

Does anyone who speaks end-stage dementia want to translate this word salad?

I don't see Warren staying in the race beyond the first Super Tuesday. She will obviously stay in through South Carolina, and I could see her exiting after that primary if she performs especially poorly. I would expect her to have decent enough results in Iowa and New Hampshire though to stay in the race for that first Super Tuesday. But if she doesn't win or get a competitive 2nd/3rd in at least 4-5 states on that first Super Tuesday, especially considering MA and VT are in that group, I think she will leave the race.

But I agree with Ranger, while she's in the race, I think she will bring up plenty of issues that are important and I look forward to hearing what else she will bring to the table.

Counterpoint: She's not a progressive.

:couch:
Fair, but she is certainly left of the most likely establishment candidates. I've said this before, I don't believe there are legitimate young leftists candidates ready for 2020. I think some combination of Sanders/Warren/Brown is the best we'll get this time.

It's certainly an overall positive if leftist policy proposals such as M4A are normalized instead of being tied to Bernie.

Fair, but she is certainly left of the most likely establishment candidates. I've said this before, I don't believe there are legitimate young leftists candidates ready for 2020. I think some combination of Sanders/Warren/Brown is the best we'll get this time.

By the election, they will be 79/71/68 years old and Trump 74. Since I'll be 71, I feel qualified to say that's too fucking old to be POTUS

By the election, they will be 79/71/68 years old and Trump 74. Since I'll be 71, I feel qualified to say that's too fucking old to be POTUS
It's too fucking old to be House Majority and Senate Minority Leader as well, but thems the breaks.

Back