• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

just so y'all know in like 30 min when this hits fox business or whatever catamount reads, Common Cause just filed an FEC complaint against Our Revolution, a fundraising org Bernie started. there's credible information suggesting that Lis Smith reported this, or someone else within the buttigieg camp. important to note before we start getting the big media takes that Our Revolution hasn't given any money to any federal candidates and has mostly done downballot stuff, but if what the complaint alleges is true, i'd get prepared to see a lot of people claiming that Bernie is taking Big Money.

just so y'all know in like 30 min when this hits fox business or whatever catamount reads, Common Cause just filed an FEC complaint against Our Revolution, a fundraising org Bernie started. there's credible information suggesting that Lis Smith reported this, or someone else within the buttigieg camp. important to note before we start getting the big media takes that Our Revolution hasn't given any money to any federal candidates and has mostly done downballot stuff, but if what the complaint alleges is true, i'd get prepared to see a lot of people claiming that Bernie is taking Big Money.

What are the allegations exactly?

Hmm. That's interesting. Saw some discussion that a pro-Bernie "dark money" group was running digital attack ads against Pete in Iowa and NH.

Hmm. That's interesting. Saw some discussion that a pro-Bernie "dark money" group was running digital attack ads against Pete in Iowa and NH.

I'd be very surprised if they spent money on anti-Pete ads, though not surprised if another org supportive of Bernie did. The national strategy is going against Biden.

I believe the Pete camp's complaint was about Justice Democrats:

Progressive Group Announces Digital Ad Campaign Against Pete Buttigieg, Joe Biden

Edit to add where I got that from:

Last edited:
Bernie taking money doesn’t move the needle for me.

Trump guys like creamy, turd and 22 are so frustrating because they have such strongly held opinions based on nothing at best or lies at worst and are unwilling to go more than surface level look at the basic points or facts laid before them to challenge that opinion. The cult’s got em.

“Bernie will destroy the economy” Based on what?

“Trump is my perfect policy President” then proceeds to get shown how each of those policies are not trump policies. Doesn’t matter, my opinion has been set in stone!

I would gladly vote for a democrat and have financially contributed to their campaigns, I just would not vote for Bernie. If that makes me a Trump cult guy then I’m cool with that.

Hell I even voted for Beto over Cruz, but I wish I had that one back.

I would gladly vote for a democrat and have financially contributed to their campaigns, I just would not vote for Bernie. If that makes me a Trump cult guy then I’m cool with that.

Well, it definitely makes you a moron, but we knew that already.

Hell I even voted for Beto over Cruz, but I wish I had that one back.

Why not Bernie? If you’re willing to go into more detail. Open invite to any of the other anti-Bernie hot takers who would gladly vote for Trump over Bernie.

You say you dislike Trump. If so, I’d think you want to make sure you have all your facts straight before holding your nose to force a vote for him. It’d be a shame to accidentally vote for Trump based on a misunderstanding.

I’m sure there are plenty of Bernie positions with which I disagree so don’t assume I’m a Bernie bro. But there’s no way those disagreements will outweigh personal values, even if it costs me more in taxes. Plus his agenda will get smoothed out a bit especially if the GOP keeps the senate. You don’t have to worry about communism on day 1.

By the way aside from his otherwise well chronicled deficiencies, Trump’s economic “strength” folks claim to appreciate is built on a house of cards. It’s not a sustainable growth plan to lower taxes forever, lower interest rates forever, and bulldoze any and all regulations that protect people from themselves. When the next slowdown happens naturally or caused by Trump’s ignorance on trade matters we’ll have an empty toolbox to fight back. It’ll be a shame when those precious 409ks go down.

Didn’t you hear?!? Bernie is a dangerous, violent man who will destroy the economy for personal gain.

Back