• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Dems calling for the virtual immediate elimination of all private insurance may drive a core group of Dem voters away - union members. They have given up thousands per year in salary for top level insurance. Warren and others need to show specifically how this will work.

union leaders have already said this is a dumb take. nice try though.

Dems calling for the virtual immediate elimination of all private insurance may drive a core group of Dem voters away - union members. They have given up thousands per year in salary for top level insurance. Warren and others need to show specifically how this will work.

love it when the new talking points arrive, hot off the printer

given away? that's what the health insurance is

They chose more insurance to more money. If that is taken away (and they get less coverage), do you see companies giving the money to the union members or keeping it as profits?

RJ still doesn't seem to understand there is a phase in for medicare 4 all and that separating health care from employment gives workers more bargaining power.

I think all the Dem nominees should henceforth and forever call Trump Pele. Being called a cheater at golf every day could cause a total meltdown.

They chose more insurance to more money. If that is taken away (and they get less coverage), do you see companies giving the money to the union members or keeping it as profits?

this assumes the money to fund the healthcare comes from nowhere

RJ still doesn't seem to understand there is a phase in for medicare 4 all and that separating health care from employment gives workers more bargaining power.

you have yet to prove anywhere that union members like or care about bargaining power

and until you do, you have a lot of explaining to do, on behalf of M4A

because if there's one thing I personally LOVE, it's going deeper and deeper into my pockets each year for health care

Unions have already refuted RJ's point.

Please add unions to the usual suspects !

love it when the new talking points arrive, hot off the printer

Like most of your points, you'd be wrong again. I wouldn't know where to look for talking points nor would anyone give them to me.

Of course, the irony of townie or MHB posting about adhering to talking points is one of the most ironic concepts this board has seen. An original thought would die of loneliness with them.

Like most of your points, you'd be wrong again. I wouldn't know where to look for talking points nor would anyone give them to me.

Of course, the irony of townie or MHB posting about adhering to talking points is one of the most ironic concepts this board has seen. An original thought would die of loneliness with them.

the leader of one of the largest unions in the US disagrees with your takes

talk about arrogance and condescension

It is comforting to know then these thoughts of yours are indeed original. I was beginning to think you'd been speaking directly to union leaders.

I'm sure that changes in the insurance market would be considered by both sides in new CBA negotiations.

the leader of one of the largest unions in the US disagrees with your takes

talk about arrogance and condescension

Talk about another ironic post. Even when shown to be wrong time and time again, you never admit it. Hell, in the past week or so, I've shown you to be wrong about half a dozen times. In your best Trumpian MO, you ignore facts and changed the subject each time.

Your arrogance is so easily played that you fell for a sucker note as well.

I'm sure that changes in the insurance market would be considered by both sides in new CBA negotiations.

Many contracts are for 3-10 years. This helps unions and companies by being able to lock in costs and protections.

What am I thinking? The great Townie, MHB and Strick know so much more about unions than I could ever know, Numbers, you should just ask them.

Talk about another ironic post. Even when shown to be wrong time and time again, you never admit it. Hell, in the past week or so, I've shown you to be wrong about half a dozen times. In your best Trumpian MO, you ignore facts and changed the subject each time.

Your arrogance is so easily played that you fell for a sucker note as well.

Have you ever been a member of a union, RJ? Your health care takes suggest that the answer is no. I have been a union member for the majority of my working life.

Still waiting on “gray area” analysis for your galaxy brain take on eliminating cash bail, as well.

Many contracts are for 3-10 years. This helps unions and companies by being able to lock in costs and protections.

What am I thinking? The great Townie, MHB and Strick know so much more about unions than I could ever know, Numbers, you should just ask them.

I mean, we'll see who labor endorses, rj.

I met a railroad worker union leader, who's union had endorsed medicare for all. He told me many of his buddies were suffering from horrible pain and ailments related to their difficult work. But please RJ, tell me more center for american progress talking points.

Back