• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

18 million guaranteed...

Hahahahaha not even remotely surprised. Wellman wanted to make damn sure that he didn't have to back down from this hire. Because Ron knows better than you, you stupid peasants.

Game over Deacs. Game over. Just root for the NCAA to collapse at this point.

This is so absurd that I don’t think it can be true.

"Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist."

https://watchstadium.com/news/bol-b...e-from-this-week-in-college-hoops-11-28-2018/

Holy shit, that is terrible. Goodman is as legit as it gets.

Wait a second....so is that $3 million per or possibly back-end loaded ?

AIR, around/just before the Belk Bowl, someone posted that Dave Clawson was the 11th or 12th highest paid coach in the ACC....something like getting $1.8 million per. I'm gonna assume/pray he got a new deal post the Belk and that he AT LEAST is getting more than Manning.

Can someone confirm this ?

Hoping it is just a couple years guaranteed otherwise Wellman's legacy will go down as worse AD ever. Would completely overshadow any good he has down and go down as biggest AD dolt move ever.

Just can't believe he is that poor of a bus. man. Can you imagine this going on for 4 more years. You think this next year's recruiting class struggled. We will be all grad transfers and 300+ guys from here on out.

However we could have reason to fire Wellman with cause as that is just blatant gross negligence on every level.

What has Goodman ever been wrong about? I'd put him pretty close to the Woj / Schefter of college hoops.

That makes no sense. Manning needed an extension if you were going to keep him (which at that point signs were fine...3rd year NCAA tournament and good progress on the recruiting trail for 18), but you only had to give him a paper extension, you didn't have to actually guarantee it. extend him another 2-3 years, don't make it guaranteed, keep the recruits happy knowing that Manning is signed through the duration of their term, etc....

If he got 6 years at 3m / year I don't know what to say. That would be ridiculously frivolous with the athletic department's and boosters money.

If true, Well-man learned nothing from the Grobe experience. At least Grobe earned his before he retired in place and quit on us.

Big Man Mit should secure Manning a job in Hawks' front office thus letting Wake off the hook.

LOL. I meant "Bag Man" Mit. But yeah, bring Manning back to the Hawks.

The Hawks acquiring Danny Manning in exchange for a legend and a #1 draft pick is one of the most hated trades of all time.

Would help explain how Manning is so apathetic and almost comical in presser after losing to HBU and winning a nail biter vs. the Catamounts. I would be enjoying every minute of it as well and wouldn't be holding anyone accountable. Just thinking about the new lambo I would be buying for Christmas and Turks and Caicos trip for a month in April when waltzing through the worst ACC season in WF history (assuming all goes as suspected).

I'm with most of the posters on this thread. it is just too preposterous and ludicrous to be true.

We were all hoping for another rerun of Danny and the miracles with our Deacs thinking it was to take the Deacs back to glory after [ ]'s debacle.

Danny has pulled another miracle, but unfortunately it has nothing to do with our Deacs becoming a better team! Instead it is the worse ACC coach ever pulling the best ACC contract ever.

Only @ WF!

Back