• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guaranteed Win in Football Next Year...

deacsrus

Reaction score
...with UNC. With the latest three de-comits, this leaves UNC's recruiting class at 10(three north Carolinians and seven out-of-state). I hope we play them early.

this is WF. guaranteed win for UNC with a career high in something for someone on UNC

We play them week 3. I have a feeling Claw is gonna take them behind the woodshed. I can't wait.

You must not be a real Wake fan to guarantee any kind of win in any kind of sport lol. I love Clawson and I believe in our footbyprogram but to guarantee anything as Wake fan is just bad juju.

the incoming freshman class has almost nothing to do with how UNC will perform in week 3.

the incoming freshman class has almost nothing to do with how UNC will perform in week 3.

Freshman football players are like store bought fruit. Mostly very green and in need of time to mature before they are ready.

The u*NC-CH guys who Wake will face will be mostly whatever guys the Hat left behind plus whatever transfers Brown can entice to u*NC-CH in the next several months.

ETA:
* Secretaries will be returning to their previous task of assigning grades now that the NCAA has given their OK.

Last edited:
If they get Kelly Bryant or another solid grad transfer, already with a couple solid backs/receivers, it will be very far from a guaranteed win.

They just hired Greg Robinson to be co-dc. You guys will score 70 on them.

Interesting game. First time Mack Brown will have faced a modern RPO offense.

I know a different sport but we lost to Houston Baptist. On any given day, we can lose. Tuesday, Wed, Thrs, Friday, Sat, and Sunday are Esp problems for us.

Was it during the Mack Brown days that they scheduled all of the "easy" OOC games. I remember the line was: Next year UNC is making their schedule a little more difficult by playing William & Mary on separate Saturdays. (It may have been under DICK Crum)

Last edited:
If uNC went 2-10 and Wake went 10-2 and Wake's only losses were uNC and Clemson, I wouldn't be surprised.

*not a 10-2 prediction*

I know a different sport but we lost to Houston Baptist. On any given day, we can lose. Tuesday, Wed, Thrs, Friday, Sat, and Sunday are Esp problems for us.

I think that's the point. A team with a bad coach is highly vulnerable.

On a UNC-CH win next year. I hope so and think we should be very competitive, maybe favored (you know how well we often play as favorites). But to guarantee, "The 'Holes" played some close games this year and heard somewhere they have 19 starters returning. Be cautious.

They just hired Greg Robinson to be co-dc. You guys will score 70 on them.

Thank you Tau.
Maybe you guys can beat them up a little bit more next year than this year.
Overtime? Come on.

I still think it's ridiculous we got to schedule UNC out of conference to play them. Give us UNC, Duke, and GT. Give the other side Florida State Boston college and Syracuse

I was told that the Robinson hire was only a rumor and that whatever offer was made was rescinded because of a backlash among the Tar Heel faithful??

BTW, I'm not sure that millennials in the Tar Heel nation are very happy with the hiring of Mr. Brown.

I was told that the Robinson hire was only a rumor and that whatever offer was made was rescinded because of a backlash among the Tar Heel faithful??

BTW, I'm not sure that millennials in the Tar Heel nation are very happy with the hiring of Mr. Brown.

Why not?
He should remind them of their grandfathers.

Back