• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guaranteed Win in Football Next Year...

Thank you Tau.
Maybe you guys can beat them up a little bit more next year than this year.
Overtime? Come on.

Agree? What do you want me to say here?

After VT lost to ODU I quit calling anything a guaranteed win that didn't involve the Crimson Tide playing at home against a non-SEC team.

It’s difficult to fathom the notion behind this thread title and post. Kind of a cross between kicking a rabid old dog and poking a bear with a very short stick. Neither is ever a good idea.

It is hard to imagine someone who has been a Wake fan for very long starting a thread like this.

...with UNC. With the latest three de-comits, this leaves UNC's recruiting class at 10(three north Carolinians and seven out-of-state). I hope we play them early.

Incoming frosh don't usually mean all that much to a football team, not to mention you don't know how much success Mack Brown will have in this state getting new recruits and getting current ones to flip. Mack was quite adept in NC when he was here before at cornering the market on in-state talent.

Things change so quickly in college football anyway. Last year it would have been hard to imagine Duke beating wake with three weeks left in the regular season and this year the same thing in reverse

I went down to Chapel Hill in 2004 and watched a Wake team that needed one win out of its last three games to get bowl eligible lay a giant turd on the field and get rolled by a U*NC team that finished 2-10.

In other words, no such thing as a guaranteed win.

#VINDICATED

Vindicated? Even Clawson said it was a game that came down to the final play. If the refs hadn't stolen a second off the clock that Hail Mary pass would've worked. At least, every Carowhinna and closet whiny fan has said, "Well! You don't know what would've happened since the were robbed of the chance." (Never mind that they would likely have not been lined up to hike the ball before that second ran off.) Still, it came down to a close game.

Back