• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Mitch and Ryan could have owned this dude. Ryan ran away and Mitch is slinking away in the bushes.

Given that every poll - even Rasmussen - shows his approval rating steadily declining as the shutdown continues, and that a growing majority blames him (and Congressional Republicans) for the shutdown, it's going to take a hell of an offer to turn things around for him at this late date. Even then I'm not sure it will work. Pelosi and the Dems really have him over a barrel on this one. I guess we'll see if he can wiggle (with McConnell's help) out of his tightest spot yet. It is rather fitting, I suppose, that a liberal woman - Pelosi - has emerged as the most formidable domestic opponent he's faced yet in his presidency. Right now, she's holding the cards.

You are making some pretty big assumptions that he gives a single fuck. The racist assholes that provide him with his daily affirmations aren’t wavering, so why would he? He doesn’t care that the government is shut down. That would require empathy.

You are making some pretty big assumptions that he gives a single fuck. The racist assholes that provide him with his daily affirmations aren’t wavering, so why would he? He doesn’t care that the government is shut down. That would require empathy.

Oh, I don't think he gives a shit about the government being shut down, nor does he care about all the workers not getting paid. He's incapable of that kind of empathy. I do think his ego is taking a hit from the declining polls - we know from his tweets that he loves Rasmussen, for example, and despite his denials he does seem to follow the polls, or at least some of them - and you know it's driving him crazy to have a woman like Pelosi standing up to him and giving at least as good as she gets. I do think he cares about that, very much. It won't lead him to reopen the government, because for him this is nothing more than an ego battle with Pelosi, but overall I think it's causing him real harm in the polls, especially among independents. He may not give a fuck, but in the bigger political picture it matters.

He doesn’t care about the polls. He cares when they say nice things about him. He doesn’t care about print media, but he collects his magazine covers. He doesn’t care about TV, but he loves when he’s on it. There’s a pattern to things the guy cares about. He cares about getting his way on his silly wall.

Just think of all the TV coverage and magazine covers he’ll get when impeachment starts !

Don’t say that over there, the same oldsters that can’t quit Wellman have the same logic with the shitshow that is trump.

Trump’s major announcement. :rolleyes:

Sort of like this being a major award...

12615622.jpg

Trump offers half-assed “compromise”.

Sort of like a husband saying to his wife, “hey, if you let me have this affair now I’ll be faithful for a little while afterwards”.

Makes sense to him.

Trump offers half-assed “compromise”.

Sort of like a husband saying to his wife, “hey, if you let me have these five affairs now I’ll be faithful for a little while afterwards”.

Makes sense to him.

FIFY

Good to see the Democrats treating the Republicans as the hostage takers they are. Open back up the government then we can talk. In other words, stop throwing a hissy fit because you lost the House and let’s handle this like the Constitution says we are supposed to handle it.

Back