• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

In reading the story about the hundreds of people digging under the wall to get in, they all seem to pay like $5k to a dude to take em to the border. Seems like a good line of work. Maybe the furloughed federal workers should get a side gig as a coyote.

Remember how upset all the republicans were that Hillary attributed an attack on a video and that Obama didn’t say terrorism? They sure have come a long way with their anger since. Commendable

In reading the story about the hundreds of people digging under the wall to get in, they all seem to pay like $5k to a dude to take em to the border. Seems like a good line of work. Maybe the furloughed federal workers should get a side gig as a coyote.

You should send this joke to Mike Huckabee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...d61536-1b2f-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html

If only some stable genius had known VVIP movements in war zones were classified!

I see the new chief of staff is doing great.

lols from freshman member of Congress Elaine Luria:

Asked if she considered it retaliation as part of an ongoing tit-for-tat amid the shutdown, she said, “I would hope not. I don’t think the president would be that petty, do you?”

Republican Congressman: Trump’s Border Crisis Is a ‘Myth’

The word that we keep hearing from President Trump is that there’s a “crisis” at the border. Is there a crisis at the border?

If there is a crisis, why are the people that are dealing with it not being paid? That’s the first step.

It’s a little weird to me that the Republican Party doesn’t understand how a wall won’t stop the fundamentally capitalistic endeavors of the drug trade and human trafficking.

It’s a little weird to me that the Republican Party doesn’t understand how a wall won’t stop the fundamentally capitalistic endeavors of the drug trade and human trafficking.

Actually, a wall could help the drug and human trafficking businesses. There would be massive security around the construction which would leave miles and miles and miles of border less protected. I'm surprised the cartels haven't pitched in to help fund the wall.

Foxx:
Proof Democrats Don't Care About Federal Workers
Sadly, another week has gone by without getting any closer to re-opening the government. Speaker Pelosi brought two more appropriations bills to the floor this week, neither of which provided necessary funding for securing our southern border and combatting the influx of illegal aliens, drugs and trafficked persons we know are crossing every day. Once again, under the Democrats’ leadership, the House of Representatives wasted time politicking instead of offering real solutions to re-open the government.

Meanwhile, House Republicans filed a motion to amend one of the Democrats' funding measures, H.J. Res. 28, which would have funded the government through January 15, allowing all federal employees to receive their first paycheck of the year without further delay. While the Republican motion received a mere 6 Democrat votes, the rest of their party chose to use federal workers as political leverage rather than give them their pay. These unfortunate circumstances will improve only if Democrats are willing to work with Republicans, and thus far they have shown that’s not something they are willing to do

Give me my wall and this all ends. There’s your pathway.

Given that every poll - even Rasmussen - shows his approval rating steadily declining as the shutdown continues, and that a growing majority blames him (and Congressional Republicans) for the shutdown, it's going to take a hell of an offer to turn things around for him at this late date. Even then I'm not sure it will work. Pelosi and the Dems really have him over a barrel on this one. I guess we'll see if he can wiggle (with McConnell's help) out of his tightest spot yet. It is rather fitting, I suppose, that a liberal woman - Pelosi - has emerged as the most formidable domestic opponent he's faced yet in his presidency. Right now, she's holding the cards.

Back