• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

I can only imagine how he must be taking getting continuously dunked on by Nancy Pelosi.

He could with 67 votes. He'd have to be willing to introduce a bill the President might not approve.

He doesn’t have to introduce the bill. He just has to give the go ahead to the GOP to vote for the same bill they passed 100-0 in December.

Or he can wait it out and hope his members don’t revolt. Right now, it’s just most of GOP deferring to Trump. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Here's a prediction- if the Senate doesn't act, the shutdown will end February 5 or 6.

There's a very simple reason. On Feb. 7, Michael Cohen begins his testimony to Congress. Trump needs to do something to cut down the impact.

This really is something.

Reminder that the contingent going to party with rich people at Davos includes the head of the Department of Homeland Security, despite the current humanitarian crisis at the border that required a shut down to solve.

This really is something.

Reminder that the contingent going to party with rich people at Davos includes the head of the Department of Homeland Security, despite the current humanitarian crisis at the border that required a shut down to solve.

Davos trip canceled.

Talk about shooting yourselves in the foot.

How will we ever make peace with the Daleks?

I acknowledge I deserve neg rep for this.

If Trump really wanted to get back at Pelosi, he would have had the military mess with her plane and keep her in Afghanistan for an extra week.

Melania flies to Mara Lago on military plane while Donald grounds Pelosi....

Back