• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would also like to point out that her first hand account of the Iowa incident that she posted on the WFU website has been taken down.

never heard of her before, but it sounds like we should fire this clown

Just FYI. I accidentally learned that my Google Home responds to just "Hey Goo" now. A bit of a timesaving lifehack for yall.

Try it out and give me a pos if it works or a neg if it doesn't. But please let me know either way.

parents, what is the best/worst sport for your kid to play?

use whatever criteria you want

Best: Baseball because #Murica
Worst: Soccer cause who the fuck would want to watch children playing that

Yeah, a coworker's son is an elite hs baseball player. So glad we're not doing that. Definitely worse than soccer.

I swam at the neighborhood pool in the summers and it was a great activity, but from a parent's perspective the meets are like four hours long and your kid is in the pool a total of like five minutes tops

I swam at the neighborhood pool in the summers and it was a great activity, but from a parent's perspective the meets are like four hours long and your kid is in the pool a total of like five minutes tops

Yeah, but that's not really competitive swimming. That's like rec league.

In real swimming, you practice about four times as much, year round, and are in the pool for like five minutes tops at meets.

Yeah, a coworker's son is an elite hs baseball player. So glad we're not doing that. Definitely worse than soccer.

baseball seems brutal from a parent spectator perspective

year round basically and enormous time commitment

baseball seems brutal from a parent spectator perspective

year round basically and enormous time commitment

Last summer they went to a national tournament in Atlanta for four weekdays. Probably about 100 degrees in the bleachers.

i dunno, the soccer/field hockey people are stuck with endless 'tournaments' with multiple games per day

my kids are doing municipal and HS sports only; none of this travel team shit.

Last summer they went to a national tournament in Atlanta for four weekdays. Probably about 100 degrees in the bleachers.

My aunt almost divorced my uncle over the brutality of travel baseball. Kids enjoyed it a lot, but they were committed like 3-4 days/week year round with at least one two week long trip per year.

i dunno, the soccer/field hockey people are stuck with endless 'tournaments' with multiple games per day

my kids are doing municipal and HS sports only; none of this travel team shit.

You want your daughter to be on the municipal golf team ?

Yeah, but that's not really competitive swimming. That's like rec league.

In real swimming, you practice about four times as much, year round, and are in the pool for like five minutes tops at meets.

exactly -- would suck as a parent, I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back