• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things give me as much satisfaction as changing out an old toilet seat with a new one that closes slowly and has a quick-release. Come at me.

Just did this a couple of weeks ago.

Expensive seat... Worth every penny.

On the child sports debate...

I think they are all probably miserable in their own way. I truly just want my kids to be involved in sports... Don't care what it is as long as they enjoy it. Maybe I am a hokey dad.

I've "coached" soccer (U4) and tee ball (U5) for my oldest daughter (she's almost 5). Both were disasters in terms of the actual "games", but still a lot of fun.

I know my parents were probably miserable watching me play sports (mostly baseball & basketball) for years and years, but I loved playing all of those games. I didn't appreciate the amount of time (and money) that they spent then, but I do now. And I'd like my kids to enjoy the social and competitive aspects of team (or individual) sports as much as I did.

Doing a Star Trek TNG run on the Hulu. One cool fact is that people think the reason we pronounce Day-ta the way we do as a country is because of Patrick Stewart. If not for him, it'd be Dat-uh.

I was this || close to watching The Measure of a Man last night, on a whim, but went with The Twilight Zone.

This is nice.

https://www.upworthy.com/patton-osw...fe-with-a-simple-but-powerful-act-of-kindness

"Aw, man," he wrote. "This dude just attacked me on Twitter and I joked back but then I looked at his timeline and he’s in a LOT of trouble health-wise. I’d be pissed off too. He’s been dealt some shitty cards — let’s deal him some good ones. Click and donate — just like I’m about to."

Beatty, a Vietnam veteran, had shared a GoFundMe describing a recent, harrowing two-week hospitalization battling sepsis, a potentially fatal blood infection, and struggles in managing his diabetes throughout. When Oswalt saw the link, he shared it with his followers and encouraged people to donate to this man who'd had nothing but nasty things to say to him.

Oswalt donated $2000 himself toward the man's $5000 goal. A mere few hours later, his followers pushed it over $12,000.

RJKarl, I know you have me blocked, but if you start a GoFundMe to help with your halitosis I will donate $50. Hoping you read this.

My spacebar on my wireless keyboard isthelaziest motherfucker in this office.

Doing a Star Trek TNG run on the Hulu. One cool fact is that people think the reason we pronounce Day-ta the way we do as a country is because of Patrick Stewart. If not for him, it'd be Dat-uh.

I was this || close to watching The Measure of a Man last night, on a whim, but went with The Twilight Zone.

Say Hey Deac and I co-starred with Wil Wheaton -- aka Wesley Crusher -- in the hilariously bad movie The Girls' Room, that was filmed at Wake. Well, co-extra'd - Wheaton was the star along with Punky Brewster; Say Hey was busy choking on popcorn. He was friendly, but can not throw a baseball to save his life. I should have made a move on Torie, who had a minor part in that movie and for some reason seemed to be digging talking to me. She was prob just bored. So there, we know Wesley Crusher, although I have no idea if he features in that particular episode.

Say Hey Deac and I co-starred with Wil Wheaton -- aka Wesley Crusher -- in the hilariously bad movie The Girls' Room, that was filmed at Wake. Well, co-extra'd - Wheaton was the star along with Punky Brewster; Say Hey was busy choking on popcorn. He was friendly, but can not throw a baseball to save his life. I should have made a move on Torie, who had a minor part in that movie and for some reason seemed to be digging talking to me. She was prob just bored. So there, we know Wesley Crusher, although I have no idea if he features in that particular episode.

I remember the big hub-bub when Soleil Moon Frye was on campus back then. So funny the things that were exciting back then.

yeah but the real stars are the ones who were there to "get up for the GI-ANTS!"

Punky didn't hang out as much. Some girl we knew was helping with the production (I almost had to make out with her for art, though I'm just touching six feet and she was like 6'4 - would have looked weird), so we were extras and hung out around filming a lot. Wheaton and a couple of the others were chill and nice. Scott Wolf's brother was there, but I don't remember if he hung out. Bug from Uncle Buck (and also the robot boy movie with Alan Thicke) is in the movie, but none of his scenes were filmed at Wake, so he wasn't there. It was mainly Wil Wheaton, who seemed like he just wanted to hang with normal people.

It is a terrible movie. I have pretty big screen time for a second early on though.

yeah but the real stars are the ones who were there to "get up for the GI-ANTS!"

This is contemporary Haley Joel Osment,

haley-joel-osment.jpg

How is the MBTGA movement actually going? Do we have any polling? Seems like things are trending well, with the stink of the Bama and UT losses continuing to dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back