• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
assuming we're talking non "historical event" movies (Miracle) i'd say Tin Cup is probably one of the best.

Last edited:
I think Remember the Titans has decent sports scenes, but winning the state championship on a last second 75 yard reverse play with your QB as lead blocker is just silly

which sports movies have the best/worst sports playing?

professional athletes in movies excluded

nothing more distracting than bad sports in a sports movie

I would have loved to have seen P Diddy try to play the Jamie Foxx role in Any Given Sunday. I think I heard he was terrible and couldn't throw a football.

Hmmm, dunno. I'll have to think. I do remember being kind of pissed that in Field of Dreams, Ray Liotta bats right and throws left when Shoeless Joe did the opposite - as correctly portrayed by DB Sweeney in Eight Men Out.

Not sure if joke or legit confusion w/ Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

Been on the dating apps some lately and Bumble has this feature where the ladies name their childhood crush and like 75% of them are JTT.

Apparently, Landry from Friday Night Lights was the only actor with any experience playing football and the producers wrote him onto the team. He would hang out with the extras and toss the ball around between shoots.

Oh man, I guess they tried to re-market The Girls' Room as "Best of Enemies." A few quick Wake shots in here.

The girl Paige in there was "The Girl Whose Party It Is" in Can't Hardly Wait.

Apparently, Landry from Friday Night Lights was the only actor with any experience playing football and the producers wrote him onto the team. He would hang out with the extras and toss the ball around between shoots.

The actual football from the movie was so much better than the show. But I guess the movie would fall under the "historical" category, even though they changed a lot of stuff.

Season 2 of Discovery is going pretty well, i think this show could have some legs if CBS/Netflix or whomever gives it room to run.

Plama mentioned starting a TNG run which I'm incidentally actually just wrapping one up myself. That show's first 5 episodes were, let alone two seasons, were trash. Incredible it was allowed to wallow and explore whatever it wanted. Really speaks to the era of TV at the time. The writing on the show changes so much from S1 to S6 and really leaps in S7. If they let DISCO have that space i think it would be pretty good.

which sports movies have the best/worst sports playing?

professional athletes in movies excluded

nothing more distracting than bad sports in a sports movie

I remember the lacrosse in American Pie being comically bad. Also Mighty Ducks always bothered me, half the time they did the flying V someone was off side and the knuckle puck would never work. You would get crushed setting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back