• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the lacrosse in American Pie being comically bad. Also Mighty Ducks always bothered me, half the time they did the flying V someone was off side and the knuckle puck would never work. You would get crushed setting it up.

but once you get it set up, the knuckle puck is solid gold

The football in the Waterboy is surprisingly not that bad. The slow mo one handed catch on the QB throwback pass at the end is epic.

Sly Stallone playing a 5'7 'keeper in Escape to Victory was pretty funny.

speaking of Sly and sports films, what about the #1 arm wrestling film of all time?

maxresdefault.jpg

IIRC Warren G at bat in Rock n Jock Softball is the worst non athlete athletic endeavor I have ever seen.

I'm an old, so I'm gonna talk about the weather for a minute. Minus 8 where I live outside of Chicago this morning. Next Wednesday, high of -10, low of -25. Always initially freaks me out when I am on the metra, look out the window, and see the tracks on fire:

yeah, i'm working from home today so I didn't have to commute in sub-zero weather

Wednesday is looking bananas

People from Chicago freaking out about cold weather. Two weeks from now they'll be calling us pussies when it comes to winter weather again.

Wimp. Downtown is always pretty cool when the whether is like this;

Say Hey Deac and I co-starred with Wil Wheaton -- aka Wesley Crusher -- in the hilariously bad movie The Girls' Room, that was filmed at Wake. Well, co-extra'd - Wheaton was the star along with Punky Brewster; Say Hey was busy choking on popcorn. He was friendly, but can not throw a baseball to save his life. I should have made a move on Torie, who had a minor part in that movie and for some reason seemed to be digging talking to me. She was prob just bored. So there, we know Wesley Crusher, although I have no idea if he features in that particular episode.

Punky didn't hang out as much. Some girl we knew was helping with the production (I almost had to make out with her for art, though I'm just touching six feet and she was like 6'4 - would have looked weird), so we were extras and hung out around filming a lot. Wheaton and a couple of the others were chill and nice. Scott Wolf's brother was there, but I don't remember if he hung out. Bug from Uncle Buck (and also the robot boy movie with Alan Thicke) is in the movie, but none of his scenes were filmed at Wake, so he wasn't there. It was mainly Wil Wheaton, who seemed like he just wanted to hang with normal people.

It is a terrible movie. I have pretty big screen time for a second early on though.

YES! That movie was indeed terrible. I have a VHS copy of it. Gary Wolf played a bit part in The Nice Guys a couple of years ago (that movie with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling) and I was so pumped to see our old buddy. Punky had a super deep voice and Will Wheaton was very much like a normal dude and this was before he began his 2nd career as a nerd culture Twitter guy. Good times. Still bummed that El Chupe didn't make it with this chick, as it would have been awkward and hilarious for the rest of college.

Wesley Snipes may have sucked in White Man Can't Jump, but my man looked pretty good in Major League. Charlie Sheen also had a really convincing pitching motion. Costner, obviously, is the GOAT when it comes to actually looking like someone who can play baseball.

hey english nerds, what was up with Science Fiction as a genre for humanity prior to the 1920s or whatever - did ancient/roman people ever write about the future?

Jules Verne was a little before that (the 20s), but good question. It was science fiction, though I don't know if he did future stuff, but I think he did because Doc in Back to the Future liked him? I don't know.

well, the time machine goes into the future but doesn't really use future as metaphor or whatever. most of his stuff is not really futurism but seems like proto-sci fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back