• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Braves release Ender Inciarte. He was an all-star in 2017. He is not now.

Even with all of the Braves injury issues, the NL East is still in play for the Braves. Nats just sold off every tradeable asset. The Phillies can't seem to get out of their own way, and the Mets have endless injury issues. Might take just a few games over .500 to win the division.

What a pitcher Tooki is---Brewers beat the dread locks straight----piss poor performance----trade him for a 10 grader pitcher WOOF

Fucking disgusting. First ever HR from a scrub backup catcher hitting .088. Fuck you Will Smith

Smith is awful but I’m not sure I trust anyone we have to pitch in the 9th. Rich Rod actually has more blown saves than Smith this year.

Gotta give Smith a rest in the 9th though. Put him in some lower leverage situations and let him get his confidence back. I feel like that's what they did later last year after a couple mishaps and it worked out well. We have a ton of guys who have closed in the past in Rodriguez, Martin, and Jackson (and Minter, but no). Worth trying a few options in the meantime.

I have watched a few games the past week. Good news: Snit has figured out how to stack a lineup with platoon advantages against the opposing pitcher. Bad news: He sits idly by and doesn't unstack the lineup in the middle/late innings as opposing relievers mow us down. And he still cannot manage his bullpen.

Braves have sole possession of 1st place in the division for the first time all season.

Will Smith owes Young Thicc a nice steak dinner.

Back