• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman still in charge

That looks good but isn't real. Currie wouldn't take the job to screwed by Wellman.

If manning is kept that will literally be the death sentence for fan base

Holy shit, Odom looks old in that picture. Hope his health is still good.

I dropped my deacon club membership and season tix in year 3 of redacted as the only means of protest I had and was ready to renew tomorrow until I ready this dribble. The man just insulted Currrie’s ability to evaluate and hire.

giphy.gif

I think that RW is assuming responsibility for firing DM, but not for hiring the next coach.

And that is proper.

Alternatively you could read it that Wellman wants credit if Manning does get shown the door given that he knows this was a major reason for the pressure on him to retire. Doesn't just want Currie getting credit as the new guy for DM getting tossed. Maybe he wants to make sure he gets some credit on his way out for helping clean up that dumpster fire he has subjected us to for the last decade.

:noidea:

Which also assumes responsibility for the awful hiring in the first place which we all know will never happen

Whatever. It should be Wellman’s responsibility to fire Manning. I think it is not realistic to think Currie wouldn’t be the major influence in the hiring of the next basketball coach.

Whatever. It should be Wellman’s responsibility to fire Manning. I think it is not realistic to think Currie wouldn’t be the major influence in the hiring of the next basketball coach.

Currie should be the ONLY influence which makes it very disconcerting that Ron is hanging around until May 1.

I suspect that Currie will respectfully seek Wellman's advice and then do what he (Currie) thinks best. Which is the way it should be.

Kinda be funny if Wellman decides to keep DM around and Currie lets him go on May 2nd

Back