• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

Walker made some the best cuts against UNC I've seen out of a Wake RB since the Barclay days. Showed really good patience and a quick burst in the hole, too.

It’s becoming more and more apparent that those between the tackles RBs is what we tend to recruit, CBS appears to be an anomaly. Carney, Colburn, Flowers, Walker, and Marshall are those between the tackles kind of backs.

The kid who signed from East Forsyth HS (same HS CBS played) - between the tackles runner or more of a speed/shifty back?

Cade and Burkhead are almost the same exact size.

Walker made some the best cuts against UNC I've seen out of a Wake RB since the Barclay days. Showed really good patience and a quick burst in the hole, too.

Absolutely, I was super impressed with his vision. One second half play in particular it looked like he was going to be dropped behind the line of scrimmage and he made a couple nifty cuts and picked up if not the first down at lest very close.

Clawson has said over and over that walker is great w the ball, not so much without. So he knows what he needs to work on for sure.

Might have been in spring ball, but it is clear Walker heard loud and clear. If you go back to watch the replay of game Walker absolutely throws a huge block on incoming LB or DB that opened the hole for Jamie to pound into the endzone and then a great celebration by him after he sees Jamie dog crawling in the endzone.

You can go back to his high school footage and see Walker make Barry Sanders-ish type cuts. I'm still hoping our trio of Carney, CBS, and Walker can turn out like the NY Giants Earth, Wind, and Fire trio of Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Derrick Ward. Carney can be Earth, CBS is Wind, and Walker is Fire.

I like this.
I also like Earth, Wind and Fire. Saw em a few years ago. They’ve still got it.

Walker will be getting most of the reps by game 7. Unless we are stupid.

You can go back to his high school footage and see Walker make Barry Sanders-ish type cuts. I'm still hoping our trio of Carney, CBS, and Walker can turn out like the NY Giants Earth, Wind, and Fire trio of Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Derrick Ward. Carney can be Earth, CBS is Wind, and Walker is Fire.

Hopefully all three will play on the 21st of September against Elon.

Always amazed when the kid with the lowest recruiting ranking comes out and stuns us, especially as a frosh, also love how these MAC decommitments seem to work really well for us. All 3 RBs bring different stuff right now, and rotation seems to be something that will work, especially when we have Newman to compliment the power running. The wildcat on 4th and 1 seemed out of place for Walker, and a spot where we missed Carney. I expect we will see more of Walker as the season goes on, but all 3 will get a good number of carries.

No, but that he is better at making people miss than he is at bowling over tacklers.

Very true. On one of his TD runs, the one that made the #1 highlight, Newman pancakes a linebacker on his way to the endzone. That is power running.

CBS is better at making guys grab air when he has some room to work with.

Kenny Walker seems to have that special "running back vision" that lets him see holes that aren't visible to most. He does need to learn to do a better job of picking up a blitzer and helping out the O-line with blocking rushing linemen.

The kid who signed from East Forsyth HS (same HS CBS played) - between the tackles runner or more of a speed/shifty back?

They also have a 4* wr that would be a nice addition to the 21 class

Back