• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

K Walker needs to get the most touches of our RBs...

if you're gonna run the RPO then the QB is gonna run a lot, especially when the defense is prioritizing the RB

if you're gonna run the RPO then the QB is gonna run a lot, especially when the defense is prioritizing the RB

A lot of his runs against BC were not RPO. They were simple QB draws out of an empty backfield. And most of them seemed to only gain a yard or two. If you are going to get your QB hit, you'd like it to be on plays that work a little better.

I don't care how big he is. You don't want your throwing QB to be hit that often.

Didn't Newman gain something like 120+ yards rushing?

102 yards on 23 carries; this includes -12 yards on two sacks

so assuming all other 21 rushes were designed rushes and not qb scrambles, and assuming those two sacks should be counted as sacks and not failed running plays, he gained 114 yards on 21 planned carries

he gained 3 or more yards on 14 of his 21 rushes so pretty good production, obviously

that is a lot of hits to absorb, however, no matter how big the qb is

I don't recall people being this freaked out when John Wolford was running for 683 yards in 12 games his senior year, which is only about 100 yards less than Newman is on track for in 12 games right now.

I don't recall people being this freaked out when John Wolford was running for 683 yards in 12 games his senior year, which is only about 100 yards less than Newman is on track for in 12 games right now.

That was back before we saw the damage too many hits took on Super Man.

Can't afford a lisfranc injury at this stage of the game.

I did however think the empty backfield, RB split out wide, hurry up QB dive on first down was bad even when we ran it with Wolford. I can’t remember gaining more than 3 yds on it ever.

At some point Newman is going to do a fake draw and hit Hinton on a slant for big yardage. They could also run a “self-RPO” out of that set.

At some point Newman is going to do a fake draw and hit Hinton on a slant for big yardage. They could also run a “self-RPO” out of that set.

The last time we did it, Freundahl scored the winning TD against NCSU.

I’m going to be really disappointed if we don’t see Hinton start getting some jet sweeps and then pull up to pass eventually.

Back