• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

If we're up big in the 3rd quarter, and we pull Jamie in garbage time, do we put in Kerns or a walk-on? OK, that's as far out on a limb I will go. I've been around too long to put a W in the column before a game.

Clawson won't pull a healthy Newman regardless of the score in third quarter in this game. He'll put in kerns if we're up big in the last couple minutes. However don't count on this, it will be a close game.

The dude knows so much about State and their coaching prowess that he called Dave Doeren, "Doran". Clearly he is a valued insider who we should be prompting to provide more insights.

I'm with Biff, and am overconfident that we win by double digits. If we lose, I can take the pain. Better to be overconfident than LOWF.

I think we win, but no Strnad and Masterson means guys who haven't played a lot of snaps on defense need to step up. My prediction is Jamie returns for the NC State game at QB, and leads a high scoring offensive showing.

Other than UNC, there is probably no other game on the schedule that Doeren and staff want more than WF. WF has screwed up what looked to be memorable seasons for the Pack each of the last two years, when in almost everyone's opinion, State had the more talented team. Last year's loss on National TV had to be particularly gauling for the Pack as WF had just been dominated at home by Cuse heading into the Wolfpack game, while State was trying to position for the best bowl possibloe. Add in, the in-state rivalry, that the schools do cross paths on recruits, and this game has a lot of importance.

WF is rarely in position for another school to want to exact revenge, but this is definitely a revenge spot for the Pack, and they have two weeks to prepare as well. WF will get the Pack's best effort, whatever that may be.

Other than UNC, there is probably no other game on the schedule that Doeren and staff want more than WF. WF has screwed up what looked to be memorable seasons for the Pack each of the last two years, when in almost everyone's opinion, State had the more talented team. Last year's loss on National TV had to be particularly gauling for the Pack as WF had just been dominated at home by Cuse heading into the Wolfpack game, while State was trying to position for the best bowl possibloe. Add in, the in-state rivalry, that the schools do cross paths on recruits, and this game has a lot of importance.

WF is rarely in position for another school to want to exact revenge, but this is definitely a revenge spot for the Pack, and they have two weeks to prepare as well. WF will get the Pack's best effort, whatever that may be.

True. I am hopeful - because we will doubly focused not to continue our post bye week egg. And State is off a week too. Add to that a QB situation in Raleigh that has not produced great play at that position ...

We’re all going to have to get used to teams wanting to get revenge on us........instead of perceiving Wake as an easy win.
We’ve already created 6 revenge games this year for the next time these teams play us. I’m hoping for at least 10 teams that will be seeking revenge by the time we finish this season.

We’re all going to have to get used to teams wanting to get revenge on us........instead of perceiving Wake as an easy win.
We’ve already created 6 revenge games this year for the next time these teams play us. I’m hoping for at least 10 teams that will be seeking revenge by the time we finish this season.

I imagine the Dukies will be rolling in here too with revenge on their minds after the utter beat down we put on them last year. Bring it on boys!

Jim Caldwell opening the gate

Seriously? I know his record was poor and I certainly was vocal for a change back then, but that man is pure class and I hope he gets a great reception if he is opening the gate.

looks like members of the Aloha Bowl team will join him. the Wake football Twitter account called on players to register to be there.

Certainly a better choice than parading Wellman out in one of the biggest games in years. Of course we came out flat.

Yeah Caldwell had horrendous results at Wake, but he was such a nice guy. And damn it, the man knew how to get us hyped going into a season during his off-season speeches. Let's hope this will have the opposite effect than 2 Saturdays ago.

shoulda done it for the Duke game. hey, we had a coach who coach Peyton Manning, too.

Back