• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

It's great that we're so good in football that what people are worried about are fans' arrival/attendance, and keeping Clawson.

Anyone who thinks that the state of the basketball program hasn't hurt the football program is a moron...not surprised to see Colonel Anus questioning it.

Any frustration from Greene and Groulx may be because they’re the highest rated Wake recruits ever and an unheralded RB is getting reps behind a senior and leading the team in rushing. They just want to show what they can do. Hopefully our starters can put a hurting on Duke and Cuse and Clawson will give Kern more chances to run the offense with the young players.

Yeah. Look it up. Walker (54 car, 383 yards) is tied with Carney (99 car, 383 yards).

Don't think there is frustration with playing time with the two freshman. Groulx is having problems off the field which may or may not be too late to fix. Greene was on the sidelines on Sat and seemed like he is close with Jamie too. I wouldn't worry about Greene. Groulx on the other hand was not at the game as far as I can tell

I am so glad I was wrong about this game. That State QB and their skill positions were terribad.

Somehow we looked way faster then NCSU.

Doeren, loses to UNC, and then he is gone.

Well done Deacs.

Pray for a clean (cleanish) injury report.

That’s good. Apparently a fake rumor was floating around between MA Wake Forest insiders two weeks ago.

Sort of calls into question the merits of their status as insiders, don’t you think

I am so glad I was wrong about this game. That State QB and their skill positions were terribad.

Somehow we looked way faster then NCSU.

Doeren, loses to UNC, and then he is gone.

Well done Deacs.

Pray for a clean (cleanish) injury report.

NO way. Not after back to back 9 win seasons even though those seasons were greatly inflated due to playing garbage OOC opponents.

No. They went 5-3 and 6-2 in conference. He's not going anywhere.

I know y'all have been waiting for a report on what we ended up doing for the State game... So...

We bought a parking spot through the Fanpark app. It worked fine but don't think I would do it again for a wake game... the parking was fine but people were driving up and paying $20 for a spot that we paid $28 for in the app. They did save the best spots for the Fanpark folks, but there wasn't that much difference, really. If Fanpark is going to work they need to control the whole lot. We tailgated for a couple of hours - which basically meant drinking a few beers and eating some cheese and crackers - it was just the two of us! The Last Resort had some guy playing music and he was actually pretty good. It appeared that there was some sort of official tailgate party there for State fans...

We bought two tickets from a State fan through Craigslist for $50 each and sat in the middle of the State section. I was dreading it but it turned out there were tons of Wake fans around us and the State fans were pretty subdued - even before we made it clear the game wasn't in doubt.
For the record we got to our seats a minute or two into the game and started walking out with 4 minutes to go. Sorry, I know that makes me a bad fan.
We drank a couple of $8 beers so that was cool (to be able to buy alcohol in the game - I know we have been doing it for a few years now, but still cool).

We left and drove to the Divine Llama winery - they were packed with some kind of big festival - so we jumped over to Cellar 4201. We had a glass of wine each and sat outside - the weather was glorious and it was a nice setting. We left and went to the Village Inn Hotel and Event Center in Clemmons. That was the closest halfway decent place we could get a room. It was pretty cheap. The place was OK - quite dated and a little weird, but acceptable.

We went to the 2520 Tavern in Clemmons for dinner. It was a nice place - good looking menu, nice decor, pretty reasonable, friendly service. Unfortunately, my wife chose poorly and her food was overcooked. They were super nice about it and took it off the bill - mostly because we were nice about it and didn't ask them to. We wouldn't have said anything but they asked her why she wasn't eating it.....

On Sunday the hotel had free breakfast - which was about what you would expect for a free breakfast - better than some I have had. We then waited until noon and went by the Raylen winery. We sat outside again and had a couple of glasses of wine. My wife loved her white and the red I had was decent. Again the day was beautiful and it was a very pleasant setting.

All in all it was a great weekend for a couple of old empty-nester lovebirds!

Back