• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
Here are that week’s ACC games:

Boston College @ Syracuse
Miami @ Florida State
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech
Virginia @ North Carolina
NC State @ #25 Wake Forest
Wofford @ #4 Clemson

Virginia Tech @ #8 Notre Dame (2:30, NBC)

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t noon ACCN similar to Clemson-Louisville this week. UVA-UNC screams 7:30.

Miami FSU will generate very little buzz. So much for those programs dominating the ACC

Probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I think we could sneak into a 3:30 slot. I'm guessing the ACCN slate will be Wofford/Clemson at 12, and UVA/UNC at 7:30, and then either our game or Miami/FSU on at 3:30. Several weeks this year there have been two ACC games on at 3:30, one on ACCN and one on ESPN or ESPN2. Our game is definitely better than the Clemson game, and I think a bit better than BC/Syracuse and Pitt/GT too.

Fingers crossed.

I’ll be surprised if ESPN or CBS doesn’t pick up our game against the Wolpfack for the 3:30 spot.

The national slate is pretty weak that week (in fact, SMU/Memphis is being mentioned as a strong candidate for the ABC primetime slot), so one of the ACC games should end up on ABC at either noon or 3:30pm (especially since all of the Pac-12 games are slated for either FOX or the Pac-12 network).

Pitt/GT also screams "noon on ACC Network" to me, but I can't imagine the ACC wants to relegate Clemson (big meal ticket) to the streaming only side, but I also can't see a game against Wofford getting picked up by another network.

After typing that, I went and looked at what Top 25 games are on that Saturday and haven't been scheduled for TV yet. Wooooooof

Wofford vs #4 Clemson
Ole Miss @ #9 Auburn
#11 Oregon @ USC
#12 Utah @ Washington
#16 SMU @ Memphis
#18 Cincinnati @ ECU

And that's IT

So maybe Wofford/Clemson gets on ESPN at noon and Pitt/GT takes the ACCN noon spot.

Pitt/GT also screams "noon on ACC Network" to me, but I can't imagine the ACC wants to relegate Clemson (big meal ticket) to the streaming only side, but I also can't see a game against Wofford getting picked up by another network.

After typing that, I went and looked at what Top 25 games are on that Saturday and haven't been scheduled for TV yet. Wooooooof

Wofford vs #4 Clemson
Ole Miss @ #9 Auburn
#11 Oregon @ USC
#12 Utah @ Washington
#16 SMU @ Memphis
#18 Cincinnati @ ECU

And that's IT

It must be asked. GAMEDAY?

I’ll be surprised if ESPN or CBS doesn’t pick up our game against the Wolpfack for the 3:30 spot.

I would be shocked if CBS picks up our game considering that we aren't in the SEC nor is NCSU

Yeah I was just kidding. State is garbage and we aren’t a big enough draw. I expect noon on ACCN. I’ll be at the game regardless.

It must be asked. GAMEDAY?

I just don’t think our schedule aligned right this year to have a shot at Gameday. If we had been 8-1 and had Clemson at home that would have worked I think. Also if we switched FSU and State that might have worked. They would have had a lot of material with either FSU or Clemson. I doubt Gameday ever works with teams like State or Duke at home.

Gameday wants to knock off all the P5 schools if they can. That’s the best cut towards us hosting for a game like State in two weeks.

Where else would they go? They’re doing SDSU vs NDSU this week. We have a shot.

Florida/Georgia?

Maybe. But it's kind of cliche and both teams have taken a hit. They went there last year for #9 Georgia (6-1) vs. #7 Florida (6-1). Are they going to go there this year for #10 Georgia (6-1) vs. #7 Florida (7-1)?

Back