Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wireless network question

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    What do you even do with that much house unless you have like eight kids?
    Impress the Jonesí and waste energy.

I disagree with you
    4'300 with three stories seems pretty awful

but i'm guessing i'd say 4 bedrooms with 5 baths, a large open kitchen/living/dining room with a playroom or 'family room' and possibly an office. maybe includes a finished basement. it would be dumb for two people, very comfortable for 2-3 kids.

must be expensive in /around bethesda

That's TES6 money right there

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Impress the Jonesí and waste energy.
    Class warfare.

Boy this escalated quickly

Holy hell did this blow up. For background, Ubiquiti setups are good for covering large areas but don't perform as well as an Orbi for smaller ones. The cutoff is around 5,000 square feet. I personally tested both of them and am not just going off reviews, hence I mentioned it was my house and the size.

Our house is far from ridiculous. Maybe it sounds crazy because we have a finished basement that has the requirements to be counted as square footage - but the WiFi covers it so I used that number. The vast majority of people I know with 2+ kids have equal or bigger places than us, and it's basically the same size house I grew up in as a middle class Atlanta kid which was also not crazy. I've posted plenty of times about moving from a townhouse in Alexandria that we outgrew, it's really nothing that abnormal. Pretty medium for our neighborhood.

Anyway, no that doesn't count the garage. No maple fridge. We do have gigabit FiOS which is awesome and Orbi crushed the Ubiquiti (and Google WiFi) performance numbers. Yes I'm a monster, but my kids so far are not and the schools here are much better than in Alexandria. We barely have any yard although I don't know if that stokes or eases the outrage.

I disagree with you
    Yes but what about TES6

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    Yes but what about TES6
    I had to Google that... That's the realm of the cooler DCDeacon I think.

Expanding Mod Powers
    I think you did a good job of defending yourself for having a nice house.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    I had to Google that... That's the realm of the cooler DCDeacon I think.
    DCDeacon = video games
    DCDeac = high end electronics

wireless network question

We barely have any yard although I don't know if that stokes or eases the outrage.
    McMansion confirmed.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    DCDeacon = video games
    DCDeac = high end electronics
    They all look the same to me

Not that abnormal = top 5%

Holy hell did this blow up. For background, Ubiquiti setups are good for covering large areas but don't perform as well as an Orbi for smaller ones. The cutoff is around 5,000 square feet. I personally tested both of them and am not just going off reviews, hence I mentioned it was my house and the size.

Our house is far from ridiculous. Maybe it sounds crazy because we have a finished basement that has the requirements to be counted as square footage - but the WiFi covers it so I used that number. The vast majority of people I know with 2+ kids have equal or bigger places than us, and it's basically the same size house I grew up in as a middle class Atlanta kid which was also not crazy. I've posted plenty of times about moving from a townhouse in Alexandria that we outgrew, it's really nothing that abnormal. Pretty medium for our neighborhood.

Anyway, no that doesn't count the garage. No maple fridge. We do have gigabit FiOS which is awesome and Orbi crushed the Ubiquiti (and Google WiFi) performance numbers. Yes I'm a monster, but my kids so far are not and the schools here are much better than in Alexandria. We barely have any yard although I don't know if that stokes or eases the outrage.
    it's still 2,000 sf larger than the average Amerian house, so it's pretty fucking big

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Not that abnormal = top 5%
    Don't shame his mammoth dong. Some dudes swing a Magnum, others don't.

probably also has many leather bound books

Steve Lepore
    Off topic at this point I guess but I've had the eero system for a year or so and haven't touched it since the day I turned it on.

Quote Originally Posted by WilmingtonDeac View Post
    Off topic at this point I guess but I've had the eero system for a year or so and haven't touched it since the day I turned it on.
    That was the other one I looked at when I got my Orbi. Seems like a solid system as well.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Itís good for smaller homes.

Like DCDeaconís.