• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke is a dirty team with a Punk coach

Faking injuries was bad but at least Duke didn’t use their 3 timeouts at the end

Faking injuries was bad but at least Duke didn’t use their 3 timeouts at the end
That was surprising. Glad they chose that route, but man, as a player I'd hate my coach for not trying there.

That was surprising. Glad they chose that route, but man, as a player I'd hate my coach for not trying there.

The players weren’t either. Their wideouts had absolutely no urgency to get set after plays.

Since we are on the topic of Cutcliffe, that end of half interview with him was pitiful. He gets all cocky, and then his defense gives up a TD in what, 3 or 4 plays to start the half? He came off as just a dumb old man. I dare say his best days are over at Duke. It's hard to see recruits getting excited to come play for him, and he can longer sell Duke as an "up and coming program." It kind of reminds me of Grobe in his last few years at Wake, though Grobe seemed more apathetic than confused at the end.

Since we are on the topic of Cutcliffe, that end of half interview with him was pitiful. He gets all cocky, and then his defense gives up a TD in what, 3 or 4 plays to start the half? He came off as just a dumb old man. I dare say his best days are over at Duke. It's hard to see recruits getting excited to come play for him, and he can longer sell Duke as an "up and coming program." It kind of reminds me of Grobe in his last few years at Wake, though Grobe seemed more apathetic than confused at the end.

What did he say?

Cutcliffe did the exact same thing at halfime of the Wake Duke game in WS two years ago where he guaranteed a win. Went to that well again?

It was something along the lines of you're going to see the glory of Duke football in the second half and with three turnovers and only down 3 we're in a great position to win

Cutcliffe didn’t coach the last three minutes of the game to narrow the margin or to pull off the miracle win. He should have gone out swinging just to be true to his begrudging air that is present whenever he plays and loses to us. The fake injuries were poor form and painfully obvious.

One of their coaches was putting way more energy into jawing at fans in section 15 and threatening to fight them than he was into the game.

He made a comment either last year or the year before at the half as well. I don’t remember what he said but I remember saying that’s an arrogant prick

Cutcliffe did the exact same thing at halfime of the Wake Duke game in WS two years ago where he guaranteed a win. Went to that well again?

Yes this is what I was talking about I couldn’t believe he made that comment then and I thought he was trying to gather his same mojo this time

Sitting a whole possession would be too punitive and it would incentivize dirty offensive players. A good compromise would be that injured players sit out until the next first down.

Yes this is what I was talking about I couldn’t believe he made that comment then and I thought he was trying to gather his same mojo this time

Guess he was wrong. Would help if his D didnt suck (again). We have averaged about a half a hundred in points on them for the last two years.

Duke has a good APR score so hopefully Miami destroys them next week and keeps them from getting a Bowl bid at 5-7

Fuck Duke

Sitting a whole possession would be too punitive and it would incentivize dirty offensive players. A good compromise would be that injured players sit out until the next first down.

Or after the second fake injury on a drive, you assess 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty. The bastards did it 3 times on one drive

Second injury timeout on a drive should cost a timeout, regardless of when in the game it happens. If no time outs, one additional free stoppage, then delay of game penalties.

Second injury timeout on a drive should cost a timeout, regardless of when in the game it happens. If no time outs, one additional free stoppage, then delay of game penalties.

#1 priority is safety of players, would be hard to penalize players or create a situation where players injured and are forced to play as rare as it might be.

IN. Cut is the definition of angry old boomer cry baby.

Clawson looks like the adult in the room 10 times out of 10.

Fuck Duke and everything about them

Cut's time has passed him by. He sounded senile in his halftime interview.

And that hair weave is just AWFUL.

#1 priority is safety of players, would be hard to penalize players or create a situation where players injured and are forced to play as rare as it might be.

In the end, not faking/cheating on injuries is an ethical expectation that the Duke AD should address with Cutcliffe. Unfortunately, it will likely grow as a tool used against hurry up offenses. I have never seen it so obvious as last night!

Back