• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke is a dirty team with a Punk coach

socaldeac

Reaction score
All the fake injuries, the attempt to damage Newman’s knee, and the typical quick handshake by Cutcliffe and his arrogant halftime comments insinuating they would win.

Bottom line Wake wins Big 4 and Duke does not go to a bowl.

What can you do about the fake injuries? You certainly can’t accuse them officially but relying on coaches being ethical allows snakes like cutcliffe to slither through. How many free timeouts did they get on that drive that ended on the wild cade FG?

I. Offices that the defense was chippy after nearly every play throughout the game.

What can you do about the fake injuries? You certainly can’t accuse them officially but relying on coaches being ethical allows snakes like cutcliffe to slither through. How many free timeouts did they get on that drive that ended on the wild cade FG?

I think they need to make an "injured" player sit out the whole possession. Ridiculous they can come in the next play. It was so obvious Cuntcliffe was doing that just to get extra timeouts and keep our offense out of rythym. Glad they won't be bowling this year.

Tell the hardwood Deacs to go down with some fake injuries when the game is well in hand for Dook at Cameron. Repeatedly. Hell, maybe Manning can even go down with a fake injury.

Ncaa is penalizing flops in college basketball. Have a warning then throw delay of game flags for cramp related injuries. Today duke had 3+ times where they got up as soon as the injury whistle blew. The rule itself will regulate 99 percent of fake injuries.

I think they need to make an "injured" player sit out the whole possession. Ridiculous they can come in the next play. It was so obvious Cuntcliffe was doing that just to get extra timeouts and keep our offense out of rythym. Glad they won't be bowling this year.

Well they do have to sit out one play if they’re the reason a whistle blew. But yeah that’s not too punitive if the trade off is slowing down the other team’s entire offense.

If you do that then Newman can’t come back in and we potentially have to burn a game for Hartman after Duke’s scumbag twists Newman’s knee

Yes. The refs could have put a stop to it and didn’t. Busch league by cutt but I guess you keep doing it until they stop you. Poor game management by referees.

If you do that then Newman can’t come back in and we potentially have to burn a game for Hartman after Duke’s scumbag twists Newman’s knee

ok then maybe only for defensive players? doesn't really make sense for the offense to fake injuries to slow the game down anyway, right?

Well that was one against dukes 12 but understood. It’s more a problem with defenses. Offenses aren’t trying to slow the game down or take their QB out for a big third down play.

Duke made a reputation for themselves for flopping in basketball, so I guess they're applying the same logic to football and getting away with it.

Duke had one of those injury tents, but no one ever went to it. All their guys were up pretty quick once the trainer got there.

Not sure how it sounded on TV, but the dozens of us still at the game booed like hell. I'm ad to see Wake fans show some edge.

or even more than the whole possession - at least the possession is pretty good idea but Duke was doing it in the red zone on 3rd down. Two for the same guy and he has to sit out the rest of the game? Like a concussion protocol, he's obviously hanging by a thread.

ok then maybe only for defensive players? doesn't really make sense for the offense to fake injuries to slow the game down anyway, right?

Yea in theory we’ve solved that problem with a runoff

Idk if a game like today means we need a rule change but it’s very duke-like to cheat within the rules to the detriment of the watchability of the game. It’s just what duke does.

Duke had one of those injury tents, but no one ever went to it. All their guys were up pretty quick once the trainer got there.

Not sure how it sounded on TV, but the dozens of us still at the game booed like hell. I'm ad to see Wake fans show some edge.

The boos came through the TV. Even the announcers were showing some skepticism about the Duke injuries, especially the 3rd time for the same guy.

Back