Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152
Results 1,021 to 1,027 of 1027

Thread: Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    In North Carolina at least, no photo ID is required for a covid vaccine. Or an ID of any kind at all. You walk in and tell them your name and they check it off a printed list.
    I am referring to the experience of the poster that I was replying to, who described his production of his government-issued ID as proof of his eligibility to receive his Covid vaccination. Government-issued IDs seemed pretty important that day.
    Last edited by WokeandBroke; 04-10-2021 at 06:44 AM.

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by WokeandBroke View Post
    This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
    When all else fails. Use a strawman lie about the Russian investigation.

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    A restriction on 24 hour voting is now considered voter suppression according to the "brilliant thread"?
    Could you explain why voting should not be allowed before 6 am or after 9 pm?

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by WokeandBroke View Post
    This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
    Another low information voter the national review warned us about.

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by WokeandBroke View Post
    This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
    So you either won't (or can't) answer the question. Thanks for being yet another bosiding conservative. And for what it's worth, there's actually far more evidence regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election than there is of vote fraud and abuse in the 2020 election - which is to say there is no evidence of significant vote fraud or abuse, in Georgia or anywhere else. As has been said before, you're defending a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, except in the paranoid, conspiracy-riddled minds of Dear Leader and his minions.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 04-10-2021 at 10:37 AM.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    So you either won't (or can't) answer the question. Thanks for being yet another bosiding conservative. And for what it's worth, there's actually far more evidence regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election than there is of vote fraud and abuse in the 2020 election - which is to say there is no evidence of significant vote fraud or abuse, in Georgia or anywhere else. As has been said before, you're defending a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, except in the paranoid, conspiracy-riddled minds of Dear Leader and his minions.
    And very few, if any, of the proposed responses to Russian election interference made it harder for Americans to vote.

  7. #1027
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,704
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-bills-states/
    More than 100 chief executives and corporate leaders gathered online Saturday to discuss taking new action to combat the controversial state voting bills being considered across the country, including the one recently signed into law in Georgia.

    Executives from major airlines, retailers and manufacturers — plus at least one NFL owner — talked about potential ways to show they opposed the controversial legislation, including by halting donations to politicians who support the bills and even delaying investments in states that pass the restrictive measures, according to four people who were on the call, including one of the organizers, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, a Yale management professor.


    The call’s goal was to unify companies that had been issuing a flurry of their own statements and signing onto drafted statements from different organizations in the wake of Georgia passing its voting ball, Sonnenfeld said. The leaders called in from around the country — some chimed in from Augusta, Ga., where they were attending the Masters golf tournament.

    “There was a defiance of the threats that businesses should stay out of politics,” Sonnenfeld said. “They were obviously rejecting that even with their presence (on the call). But they were there out of concern about voting restrictions not being in the public interest.”


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •