• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

The replies on there are nauseating especially the idiots who don’t seem to understand Cooper won the governors race by a healthy margin but the presidential was close.

All the tweets in the world aren’t going to stop the NC legislature from overriding his veto, they are basically just speedrunning Florida right now and pushing through Republican policies as fast as possible

It’s my opinion that elected officials shouldn’t be allowed to switch parties while in office, and there should be some mechanism for their voters or party to recall them for misrepresentation.

💯

It’s tacky, but nothing would’ve prevented her from staying a democrat snd voting with the republicans.

It’s tacky, but nothing would’ve prevented her from staying a democrat snd voting with the republicans.
Would it be unreasonable to make representatives who vote with their party less than 60% of the time eligible for recall? It seems to me that if you choose to run as a party candidate you have some duty to support that party platform while in office. It’s a slippery slope for sure, but 60% seems reasonable to me.

Would it be unreasonable to make representatives who vote with their party less than 60% of the time eligible for recall? It seems to me that if you choose to run as a party candidate you have some duty to support that party platform while in office. It’s a slippery slope for sure, but 60% seems reasonable to me.
When would the recall be? There would need to be a standard date or else it's chaos with local parties calling snap elections.

Devil's Advocate: You want representatives who are bound by what their party says and not what they think is right?

To give context, Joe Manchin voted with Democrats 75% of the time. Ilhan Omar votes with Biden 93% of the time

Devil's Advocate: You want representatives who are bound by what their party says and not what they think is right?
I think you want representatives that are honest about their positions so you know what you are voting for. It doesn't have to be party lines, but it should be openly discussed so voters can make an informed choice.

I think you want representatives that are honest about their positions so you know what you are voting for. It doesn't have to be party lines, but it should be openly discussed so voters can make an informed choice.
60% policy support is honesty such a low bar that it’s only going to catch election fraud. Any voter with an inkling of partisanship is going to fuckin despise a representative that only votes with the party 60% of the time.

I want representatives who believe and agree with everthing I think, regardless of party.

60% policy support is honesty such a low bar that it’s only going to catch election fraud. Any voter with an inkling of partisanship is going to fuckin despise a representative that only votes with the party 60% of the time.
Which is why they won't get re-elected. That's the recall especially for 2 year terms. The sad fact is no one would care about this lady switching parties if NC wasn't heavily gerrymandered to the point where a 50/50 state was 1 vote away from a Republican supermajority in the assembly. Gerrymandering is the real problem.

Back