• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Where RJKarl is everyone's professional reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
In and out is definitely overrated. It is a good cheapness to quality ratio, though

This is mostly for my boi juice who was founding member of #teamoptionb but for those that don’t know or remember three years ago I was surprisingly laid off after a really good 12 year career in banking. I had two options immediately available- one in banking and the other at a just-past-startup software company. Ended up going the software route despite having zero software experience. Well this week I won our company’s award for top consultant and received a chance to build my own new team to go after a new line of business for the company. The job has taken me all over the country and I legit love what I do.

That’s it, just a straight brag but dammit I’m pumped.

my man

truth was, it was all a long play to land a spot on the new team

It's nowhere near as good as Wendy's. The burgers at In N Out are on the small side.
Honestly, I said Wendy's simply because I feel that's who In N Out's burgers most remind me of visually.
I agree with you that Wendy's is far, far superior however.

I have never understood the mystique with In N Out. Of the CA local burger stands, Tommy's is far superior. There are about thirty locations in SoCal with a few in NV.

I have never understood the mystique with In N Out. Of the CA local burger stands, Tommy's is far superior. There are about thirty locations in SoCal with a few in NV.
Yeah, me neither.
In my seven years living in NorCal, I never went south. But I have heard good things about Tommy's from folks I know that know what they're doing.
The only people I ever heard fluffing up In N Out were sketchy stoners and tourists.

Last edited:
Yeah, me neither.
In my seven years living in NorCal, I never went south. But I have heard good things about Tommy's from folks I know that know what they're doing.
The only people I ever heard fluffing up In N Out were sketchy stoners and tourists.

When did you live here?

Flipped the channel to a fight. It's the world super middleweight championship. The challenger is from Karlsruhe, Germany. :)

How dare you guys share Rj’s personal information.

Yeah new cars at all price points have significantly upgraded stereo systems along with all sorts of integrated tech that renders an aftermarket upgrade largely superfluous. When I was in high school I remember spending hours looking at the Crutchfield catalog imagining all the enhancements I was going to make to my series of below average vehicles.

as I look for cars for my teenagers, I can assure you they will need to upgrade the sound system when I'm spending $3k. I think high schoolers has to be the crutchfield target market.

as I look for cars for my teenagers, I can assure you they will need to upgrade the sound system when I'm spending $3k. I think high schoolers has to be the crutchfield target market.

Lol good point. Man that brings back some memories. My first car was a 1996 Honda Prelude which I thought was pretty sweet. This was in 2002 so still fairly recent model. Of course I totaled that car within like a year because stupidity. Then my parents made me get a 1986 I think Toyota Celica which was basically bulletproof. My dad even kept it after I was done using it, drove it for several more years and still managed to get some value out. The only issue with that one was that the AC didn’t work so the summers in NC were naturally brutal. Then in college I got the bright idea to cash out all of my limited savings to buy a 1994 Toyota MR-2 which I fucking loved and drove until the day it literally quit. That little car started my love for mid-engine sports cars.

What is SAD and UNBELIEVEABLE is the duplicity and dishonesty of MODS in saying you can't bring "real life activities" to boards without person's "permission". Then turning blind eyes to it because the rules don't apply to people you don't like.

Lol good point. Man that brings back some memories. My first car was a 1996 Honda Prelude which I thought was pretty sweet. This was in 2002 so still fairly recent model. Of course I totaled that car within like a year because stupidity. Then my parents made me get a 1986 I think Toyota Celica which was basically bulletproof. My dad even kept it after I was done using it, drove it for several more years and still managed to get some value out. The only issue with that one was that the AC didn’t work so the summers in NC were naturally brutal. Then in college I got the bright idea to cash out all of my limited savings to buy a 1994 Toyota MR-2 which I fucking loved and drove until the day it literally quit. That little car started my love for mid-engine sports cars.

Porsche 914 FTW - least respected, most fun car ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back