• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Duke at WF - LJVM - Tuesday 7 pm - ACCN

Wake is the lead on the 11 pm SportsCenter tonight.

Well that was very enjoyable.

Except for 'maybe this will save Danny Manning's job'.

113 points, tied for most scored against kaye

Yeah, no reason for SportsCenter to be suggesting it being a potential job saver.

For as much as Childress heroball has sunk us, it was fun to watch him take the game over and actually win it. Neath looks like a real star in the making, great passes, solid driving skills, draws fouls - get Chaundee and a good spot up 3 point shooter to go along with Sarr and Mucius, could have a decent team next year with the right coaching.

Yeah, no reason for SportsCenter to be suggesting it being a potential job saver.

The guy kept his job after multiple 11 win seasons. This is 12. Against Duke. It’s not crazy.

The guy kept his job after multiple 11 win seasons. This is 12. Against Duke. It’s not crazy.

You all forget that Jeff [Redacted] went 17-16 in his final season AND beat UNC, State and Duke and still got fired. Don't believe the 6-12 ACC record helped at all.

They also mumbled something about Danny not winning 20.

And that dook has more conference wins than Wake has wins.

Great game and great win tonight. So happy Brandon could get a redemption game. Hope this is something the team can build on. No Manning hate tonight. Just Deacon love. Go Deacs.

SVP is actually bitching about Duke getting jobbed by the refs in our game.

You all forget that Jeff [name redacted] went 17-16 in his final season AND beat UNC, State and Duke and still got fired. Don't believe the 6-12 ACC record helped at all.

None of us have forgotten that and it's likely the ESPN anchor didn't know it.

113 is the 12th most points scored by Wake in a game in Wake history.
It is the 9th most points scored by Wake at home.
It is the second most points scored by Wake against a top 10 team. (*uNC holds first place here).
It is the third most points scored in the Joel.

That was one of the most satisfying, hard-earned wins I can remember. Neath and Chaundee had memorable games. Sarr was unstoppable at times, getting points left-handed against triple teams in the post. And fouled out three of their big men. Mucius, a 50% free throw shooter, hit three out of four down the stretch.

And chill. My god. Actually played fairly well despite shooting 0-10. Then the big three and drawing that charge. It would have been nice for that buzzer beater to go down, but man. The guy really, finally, inevitably took over. 14 points in overtime. That's the stuff of legends.

My Deacs.

Fuck duke

That was one of the most satisfying, hard-earned wins I can remember. Neath and Chaundee had memorable games. Sarr was unstoppable at times, getting points left-handed against triple teams in the post. And fouled out three of their big men. Mucius, a 50% free throw shooter, hit three out of four down the stretch.

And chill. My god. Actually played fairly well despite shooting 0-10. Then the big three and drawing that charge. It would have been nice for that buzzer beater to go down, but man. The guy really, finally, inevitably took over. 14 points in overtime. That's the stuff of legends.

My Deacs.

Fuck duke

Brandon was finally able to channel his inner daddy and let it rip with success late in regulation and overtime.
0-10? "coach I'm hot! Don't take me out!"

holy crap that was fun...I started out hoping that Duke was going to blow us out and put the nail in Danny's coffin, but it was so much fun to see this team actually do something right. And Childress...feel so happy for that kid. This is his moment right here. This is the game that he never forgets.

One thing I thought about at the end is that a potential new coach can watch this and see that Wake has some pieces in place, its just awful coaching that has doomed them for 6 years. I'm intrigued about Sarr, chaundee, Neath, Oguama , Muscius if I'm a coach thinking about a move to winston salem.

Don't forget Massoud. He's been played this year like he is a huge defensive liability (not true, sort of how Muscius was played for two years). He was thrown a bad cross court pass at some point in the OT and calmly grabbed, toed the out of bounds line on one foot and floated a nice soft pass to Chill or Brown racing to the basket. It can easily be overlooked, but it was a poised play. Plus, I noticed while Brown and others celebrated early in the first OT when we went up a basket, it was Massoud who was trying to communicate to his teammates that this is far from over. Really like him and think he might be a 3-year double-digit scorer at Wake

Neath, Chaundee, Mucius, Massoud, Sarr with Oguema could be a decent start to a rotation under a good coach. At least an NIT bubble roster next year.

You all forget that Jeff [Redacted] went 17-16 in his final season AND beat UNC, State and Duke and still got fired. Don't believe the 6-12 ACC record helped at all.

Redacted didn’t have a fat DMan buyout

Don't forget that [Redacted] resigned. He was not fired. In hindsight it's very easy to believe that Wellman was going to keep him but that [Redacted] actually wanted out after the toll on his family from the billboard campaign, newspaper ads, etc.

Back