• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

My daughter never exhibited any symptoms, her quarantine ended yesterday and everyone else in the family tested negative. Sorry for the hubbub and for blaming scooter, everything is fine here. 2&2 is still a shit head though.

GREAT NEWS!!

Really great news birdman.

If anyone else has good news please share. We can all use it.

Our health system has had double digit percent positive tests every day since 12/19. We’re at the highest number of admitted COVID patients in all of our hospitals and it’s not even close. We are way above where we were in June.

I made the mistake of clicking on the Tunnels Coronavirus thread, in which every other post seems to be about Trump. All politics aside, is this thing as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be? It seems like a more contagious, slightly more powerful, but shorter, version of pneumonia. I'm not sure where that ranks on things to be worried about unless you are over 75 or so or have preexisting respiratory problems. That said, if it is more serious than that then we should definitely take it seriously - but it is difficult to know how much of what the media reports is actually concerning. This gives the smell of their typical pending milkwich snowstorm school closings that ends up being 45 degrees and sunny.

this post is like a fine wine

Speaking with an infectious disease doctor last week gave me some comfort - no one under 20 is really getting the virus (and if they do it's a minor cold), so I feel good about my kids' chances. As for my chances - I'm fairly healthy mid-40s dude with no pre-existing conditions, so I'm not sweating it. It's hard to believe what comes out of China and our media. Wash your hands - you'll be fine. Just my 2 cents.

Did ATL die too?

He can get a mention at the 2&2 annual memorial 5K fun run. All proceeds benefiting Charlotte’s yearly snow removal and safety budget.

Not just Charlotte. All of Mecklenburg County. Don’t want his kids to get a snow day because there’s still know on the ground in North Meck.

Definitely just a shorter version of pneumonia.

I’ve lost 2 patients to COVID-19 this week and it’s only Wednesday. Fuck Trump, 2&2 and the rest of the assholes who have tried to minimize this pandemic.

North Carolina just reported a record number of cases, so a record number of deaths will be following in a few weeks. Our hospital numbers are going through the roof. We are struggling to find nurses. North Carolina should shut down all non-essential businesses for 2 weeks and focus on vaccinating as many people as possible. That seems unlikely to happen, so I recommend each individual do their part to stop the spread as much as possible:

Do not eat inside a restaurant
Do no eat inside with people that are not in your immediate family (like family gatherings, break rooms, etc)
Do not go to bars
Do not go to gyms
Wear a mask whenever you interact with someone outside your family, and do not pull the mask down to talk
If someone in your family has symptoms and/or tests positive, wear a mask around them at all times and isolate them as much as you can

North Carolina just reported a record number of cases, so a record number of deaths will be following in a few weeks. Our hospital numbers are going through the roof. We are struggling to find nurses. North Carolina should shut down all non-essential businesses for 2 weeks and focus on vaccinating as many people as possible. That seems unlikely to happen, so I recommend each individual do their part to stop the spread as much as possible:

Do no eat inside with people that are not in your immediate family (like family gatherings, break rooms, etc)
Do not go to bars
Do not go to gyms
Wear a mask whenever you interact with someone outside your family, and do not pull the mask down to talk
If someone in your family has symptoms and/or tests positive, wear a mask around them at all times and isolate them as much as you can

But playing high school basketball is still ok, right?

Do not go to bars
Do not go to gyms

Experienced my first vaccine side effect today.

When hard, my dick is like, twice as thick as it normally is. Like, we're talking tuna can. Mako's mom can't even walk to the bathroom after we're finished. Looks like she's trying to ride a Clydesdale.

Experienced my first vaccine side effect today.

When hard, my dick is like, twice as thick as it normally is. Like, we're talking tuna can. Mako's mom can't even walk to the bathroom after we're finished. Looks like she's trying to ride a Clydesdale.

Thats not the vaccine. Thats mako's mom. Well, and the knowledge you and Neil are eskimo bros.

Well that's one way to make 4,000 deaths in a day the past 2 days back page news

Topped the 300k cases mark yesterday for the first time

Back