• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

got a booster late november or early december

how different would the booster be now in light of tweaks to address variants?

I’m having cold symptoms. Scratchy throat, high dry cough, sinus congestion, since yesterday morning, but tested negative this morning. I’m supposed to go visit my in-laws on Wednesday and I am a little worried.

I’m having cold symptoms. Scratchy throat, high dry cough, sinus congestion, since yesterday morning, but tested negative this morning. I’m supposed to go visit my in-laws on Wednesday and I am a little worried.

Test Wednesday morning.

got a booster late november or early december

how different would the booster be now in light of tweaks to address variants?

the booster right now is no different than the original

it is possible that the new booster targeting omicron will be released by the time you are considering getting the booster

Existing vaccines target the ancestral form of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID, which first surfaced in Wuhan, China.

The planned updates are currently limited to mRNA vaccine boosters developed by Moderna and the Pfizer-BioNTech collaboration. These companies are now racing against time to test new products and generate the millions of doses needed to supply the FDA’s planned fall booster campaign.

Yeah, at this point I'm waiting for the new booster in the fall.

We leave in 2 Thursdays for Greece and have to show a negative antigen test from 2 days before or PCR from 3 days before, before boarding the small cruise. Should we get boosted in the next couple days? Seems like it couldn't hurt and could help. We both have Pfizer x 3 so far.

Either way, I feel like we'll probably just become hermits starting early next week like back in the early pandemic days with as many positive cases as there are these days. We had friends coming into town this weekend that tested positive over the weekend and have had to bail.

I had minor symptoms 3 days or so before I started testing positive on take home tests. Just assume you have it.

Think I’m popping my COVID cherry this week. Wife tested pos yesterday and I’ve got hella muscle aches and fatigue. Rapid test was negative this morning but going in for PCR tomorrow morning.

I went to a party on Saturday and spent about 45 minutes or so talking to a guy who tested positive today. I’m feeling good. How long until I’m in the clear?

yall are gonna get it/have it, just accept it. This shit is like the measles now. I spent a whole week thinking I mighta avoided getting it from my wife, but nope.

I went to the international terminal at ATL on Saturday. Still feeling good.

sorry to hear that

were you out and about between your exposure on 6/30-7/1 and today? ~10 days is an unfortunately long incubation period

Yeah. Wednesday was day 5 from my known exposure so I resumed normal operating procedure, wen out to dinner Thursday but ate out side, went to the movies on Friday, wore a kn94. Then Sunday I started to feel ill.

I went to downtown Nashville (shit show) for a birthday party and still feel OK. My wife is feeling like she has a cold, so is getting tested today.

I brought my mask but felt the peer pressure as not one other person was wearing one.

I find it interesting that, from the small sample size of this board, those who were the most irrationally cautious at the beginning, and seem to be the only people now left still concerned by it, are those who are currently getting sick. Whereas those of us who didn't waste a year and a half worrying about it are generally fine now as well.

Palma didn't leave the house for like a year and has gotten it three times. Birdman is the lone fool still masking in the movie theater and down he goes. Donkey Deac signed up for the vax trial and falls out monthly. Biff and I are still eating in indoor restaurants unmasked daily as we've done straight through since 2020, and life goes on.

I find it interesting that, from the small sample size of this board, those who were the most irrationally cautious at the beginning, and seem to be the only people now left still concerned by it, are those who are currently getting sick. Whereas those of us who didn't waste a year and a half worrying about it are generally fine now as well.

Palma didn't leave the house for like a year and has gotten it three times. Birdman is the lone fool still masking in the movie theater and down he goes. Donkey Deac signed up for the vax trial and falls out monthly. Biff and I are still eating in indoor restaurants unmasked daily as we've done straight through since 2020, and life goes on.

I don’t think this makes the point that you think it makes

Yeah, but you died once and nobody getting sick here is being hospitalized because they are fully vaccinated now, as opposed to all through 2020. Now who looks like they had it right?

Back