• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

When can regular bros get the vaccine? They still thinking April?

I feel like I am at the airport gate, flying coach, with a seat in the middle of the plane, with no status at all, just waiting for the "OK the last few of you can finally go ahead and board the plane" announcement.

>81% of those age 60+ either already have a vaccine, or plan to get it

Et0LUmKWQAAU90Q

I feel like I am at the airport gate, flying coach, with a seat in the middle of the plane, with no status at all, just waiting for the "OK the last few of you can finally go ahead and board the plane" announcement.

go ahead and get some peanuts for the flight

I would love to be proven wrong but I don’t expect to get the first dose until June as part of the general population in NC. We’ve vaxxed 1MM people with the first dose to date, which is actually not too bad, but Cooper even said yesterday that we still don’t have enough supply for all healthcare workers and 65+ population. At this point we are getting 145,000 doses a week which is roughly 2MM people over the next 12 weeks. J&J approval really helps since it’s only one shot but they’ve also said they are running behind expected production volume.

I know Gottlieb and other well-informed people seem really confident on April but I’m just not seeing it.

Will holding aspirin between my knees work on Covid like it does as a contraceptive?

I would love to be proven wrong but I don�t expect to get the first dose until June as part of the general population in NC. We�ve vaxxed 1MM people with the first dose to date, which is actually not too bad, but Cooper even said yesterday that we still don�t have enough supply for all healthcare workers and 65+ population. At this point we are getting 145,000 doses a week which is roughly 2MM people over the next 12 weeks. J&J approval really helps since it�s only one shot but they�ve also said they are running behind expected production volume.

I know Gottlieb and other well-informed people seem really confident on April but I�m just not seeing it.

believe the number is closer to 250,000 per week.

CDC reported North Carolina had 1.25 million doses on 1/26
seven days later, 1.49 million
another 7 days later (yesterday) 1.72 million

NC dashboard does not show historical allocations (that I see) but NC has vaccinated (at least) >195k doses each of the past 4 weeks, and over 1 million over that time frame

Last edited:
believe the number is closer to 250,000 per week.

CDC reported North Carolina had 1.25 million doses on 1/26
seven days later, 1.49 million
another 7 days later (yesterday) 1.72 million

NC dashboard does not show historical allocations (that I see) but NC has vaccinated (at least) >195k doses each of the past 4 weeks, and over 1 million over that time frame

Thanks — that’s good to hear. Obviously a dumb consideration but I’m turning 35 in early June and had really hoped to get vaccinated by then so I could do something to celebrate. Nothing to do but let it play out at this point.

I'm 71, which puts me in 1b and I live in Virginia.

This is from my health district on 2/3: "We are working in Phase 1a and Phase 1b to vaccinate our community. Due to the size of Phase 1b, we are unable to vaccinate everyone who qualifies quickly. Our prioritization is aligned with the state's categories. As we receive additional vaccine in the coming weeks and months, we will be working through the additional categories of Phase 1b. We expect it will take us several months to work through all of Phase 1b."

I would love to be proven wrong but I don’t expect to get the first dose until June as part of the general population in NC. We’ve vaxxed 1MM people with the first dose to date, which is actually not too bad, but Cooper even said yesterday that we still don’t have enough supply for all healthcare workers and 65+ population. At this point we are getting 145,000 doses a week which is roughly 2MM people over the next 12 weeks. J&J approval really helps since it’s only one shot but they’ve also said they are running behind expected production volume.

I know Gottlieb and other well-informed people seem really confident on April but I’m just not seeing it.

I know of rural providers in NC that started giving the vax to anyone because they can't fill appointment and are having no shows. Opening it up to anyone is clearly the responsible and reasonable thing to do instead of throwing away the vax. Well, they got reprimanded and yelled at by the state for doing this who would apparently prefer that vax goes to waste instead of in peoples arms outside of the currently phased groups. The idiocy of this rollout is astounding.

The fact that state government had months to set up a system to let people know were there may be extra doses and didn't do it is borderline negligence. In Wake County there is a 100k waitlist of eligible people, but the state has insisted that it send vax to rural counties with no demand.

I still think doing any type of "phases" after healthcare and over 65 is a mistake.

Better way to manage expectations might have been to make more smaller groups and add them in as vaccine becomes available. Would lower frustration of being eligible but not able to schedule an appointment.

I'm 71, which puts me in 1b and I live in Virginia.

This is from my health district on 2/3: "We are working in Phase 1a and Phase 1b to vaccinate our community. Due to the size of Phase 1b, we are unable to vaccinate everyone who qualifies quickly. Our prioritization is aligned with the state's categories. As we receive additional vaccine in the coming weeks and months, we will be working through the additional categories of Phase 1b. We expect it will take us several months to work through all of Phase 1b."

Obesity gets someone into 1b (looks like Virginia defaults to CDC guidelines), and that's 32% of adult Virginians, probably 60 million U.S. adults

Obesity gets someone into 1b (looks like Virginia defaults to CDC guidelines), and that's 32% of adult Virginians, probably 60 million U.S. adults

But 2&2 said that if everyone just ate healthy and lost weight, they wouldn't have anything to worry about. Shows what he knows.

I'm Group 4 and figure it will be the end of May before I get it.

But 2&2 said that if everyone just ate healthy and lost weight, they wouldn't have anything to worry about. Shows what he knows.

Did anyone actually start eating healthy and losing weight ?

PA decided to include "high" BMI people along with a slew of medical conditions into the 1-a category a few weeks ago and that basically makes it available to every unhealthy person in PA before the plebeian masses

Yeah it’s weird that states just keep tacking on new people on 1a so that 1a never ends. Just from a pure psychological perspective for people to feel like progress has been made and the line is moving they need to move phases, even if they completely remake the next phase.

Back