• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

PA decided to include "high" BMI people along with a slew of medical conditions into the 1-a category a few weeks ago and that basically makes it available to every unhealthy person in PA before the plebeian masses

In a state known for pierogies, ketchup and cheesesteak? That's half the population.

PA decided to include "high" BMI people along with a slew of medical conditions into the 1-a category a few weeks ago and that basically makes it available to every unhealthy person in PA before the plebeian masses

That shit makes my blood boil.

Did anyone actually start eating healthy and losing weight ?

Doesn't matter. Should have started eating more and doing less. Would have jumped in line for the vaccine instead of waiting and playing the odds with the other healthy people.

i'm super jazzed all these powerful articles about how excited old people are to get their vaccines and get back to their retirement

From The Virginian-Pilot - "Gov. Ralph Northam says Virginia will have a statewide system within weeks for people to get their names on a list for a coronavirus vaccine.
But once their turn comes, they’ll still have to schedule appointments through their local health departments for a few more months." This is fucked up, especially considering that Northam is a physician. The Pilot also said that lots of Virginians had driven to rural NC communities to get vaccinated.

The problem you are seeing is where reality meets good intentions. The idea was that you push vaccines everywhere, especially to communities that historically are overlooked and have access to care issues, etc... Reality is that these places because of neglect are also the areas with the largest vaccine hesitancy. So you send vaccines for the population to be fair with an assumed 60-70% acceptance rate when it’s actually much less resulting in open appointments. Since the phases are statewide you have communities that have tapped out of possible 1a or 1b people while urban settings are struggling to meet demand.

So I just read that Group 3 will not require identification in NC. Huh ? Will start on 2/22 with teachers given priority over firefighters and police. Also, a wait list will be established through which they'll call you if they have an extra dose.

Trusting people to do the right thing, these people live in MHBD world. Open access it is! Was always my question for the next targeted phase here, how the hell were they going to prove people were Uber or Lyft drivers.

I believe NJ has been vaccinating fatties and smokers for a while now...we know of a husband and wife that got the shot a few weeks ago. They ain’t skinny but I would never classify them as “obese” but I guess BMI is a harsh judge.

Fauci once again today saying it will be “open season” for anyone who wants a vaccine come April. Have to think he knows what he’s saying and hope he’s right.

Fauci once again today saying it will be “open season” for anyone who wants a vaccine come April. Have to think he knows what he’s saying and hope he’s right.

important to note that "open season" means everyone can try, but not everyone will succeed in getting an appointment

Friday CDC update:

14% of U.S. adults and 34% of those over 65 have received at least one dose
2nd dose numbers are 5% and 7%, respectively

we are still on track for 50 million with one dose and maybe 25 million with two doses (and for seniors, 50%/20%, respectively) by the end of February, at which point J&J will hopefully launch

Which must rely on the J&J vaccine right? Which is much less effective.

Getting mine Tuesday at Disneyland. I wonder of I get a churro or a hat with ears.

Which must rely on the J&J vaccine right? Which is much less effective.

The J&J vaccine is supposedly nearly 100% effective in preventing serious illness that would result in hospitalization and death, which is all anyone should really care about with these vaccines. It’s also only one dose.

Back