• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Any truth to the rumor Tommy Amaker was recruiting Sarr when he was on campus the other day????

Sarr is an intelligent, well-spoken young man. I cannot imagine him playing at Kentucky. He has no idea how brutal and trashy BBN is.

Any truth to the rumor Tommy Amaker was recruiting Sarr when he was on campus the other day????

Now that’s interesting.

He could’ve been, but Sarr is quarantined in Raleigh with Ody (I think it’s Ody) and I don’t think he was on campus at any time this week.

Manning advised Sarr to stay to save his job.

And Manning gave radio interviews saying he would encourage Sarr and Brown to go through the NBA draft process. Obviously, Manning is a liar and didn't do right by Sarr.

Exactly.

Manning will do his best to sabotage this program and the new coach. I have no doubt our kids are being told to leave.

I don’t blame the kids for entering the portal, it’s a smart move in case they decide they don’t want to play for Forbes. If we lose them all, I think it’s because of their loyalty to Manning.

There’s no love loss between Currie and Manning. This is pure spite.

Scorched earth never works well for the person doing the scorching. You see it in corporate America all the time and you know the short term pain is nothing compared to the long term damage it does to the person with the flame thrower. So you smile and don't stoop to their level. But insude you think, whats an asshole.

If true, speaks volumes to the character of our former coach. So sad that his ego is getting in the way of what's best for these kids, whatever that may be. And this us vs them is such a pussy way of not taking accountability.

so funny seeing the Bilas' of the world (Jay) talking about what a high character guy Manning is

Manning is unaccountable to the end. I remember when the best that could be said about him was that at least he represented the university well.

so funny seeing the Bilas' of the world (Jay) talking about what a high character guy Manning is

He’s a narcissist (Manning) who has been coddled by jock sniffers his entire life, including Ron Wellman.

It’s amazing to me that a kid would want to play for and be loyal to a coach who took absolutely no accountability for massive program failures and had no problem blaming his players for them. According to Manning, HE told them what to do, they just didn’t execute.

I’m sure he turned on the charm for Bilas, he’s not stupid.

I know people hated him, but Jeff [Redacted] was 100 times the man and coach that Danny Manning is. [Redacted] left (it was mutual) because he recognized the program wasn’t healthy and that HE had lost the fans. Manning fought his firing, is still fighting it, and has the players convinced the fans, students, and alumni are against them and it’s OUR fault.

Exactly.

Manning will do his best to sabotage this program and the new coach. I have no doubt our kids are being told to leave.

I don’t blame the kids for entering the portal, it’s a smart move in case they decide they don’t want to play for Forbes. If we lose them all, I think it’s because of their loyalty to Manning.

There’s no love loss between Currie and Manning. This is pure spite.

Makes me like and trust Currie even more. Lick my gooch, Manning.

He’s a narcissist (Manning) who has been coddled by jock sniffers his entire life, including Ron Wellman.

It’s amazing to me that a kid would want to play for and be loyal to a coach who took absolutely no accountability for massive program failures and had no problem blaming his players for them. According to Manning, HE told them what to do, they just didn’t execute.

I’m sure he turned on the charm for Bilas, he’s not stupid.

I know people hated him, but Jeff [Redacted] was 100 times the man and coach that Danny Manning is. [Redacted] left (it was mutual) because he recognized the program wasn’t healthy and that HE had lost the fans. Manning fought his firing, is still fighting it, and has the players convinced the fans, students, and alumni are against them and it’s OUR fault.

If there's even 50% truth to your posts about Manning in this thread, then this whole thing is gross. Makes me feel that much worse for all the current players who now have no idea what to do.

Help me understand - obviously Manning’s advice to Sarr was borne of self interest. But don’t we want him to be encouraging players to graduate? Are we saying the difference here is that he told Sarr not even to investigate his pro prospects when he clearly has them?

Note: not defending Manning. He clearly didn’t ultimately care about anything more than himself.

So ... we're saying that Manning created the Cornovirus-19 in his secret basement lab and unleashed it on the world thru his contacts in China?

I think it is a bit of a stretch to blame Manning for kids entering the transfer portal. A couple of tidbits:

* This is happening with every kid save Sarr stuck in their bedroom finishing up the school year rather than with each other in their dorm discussing it organically together
* There is a [false] sense that the NCAA is going to allow a 1-year free for all transfer and they can all pick a new school and be playing for them next year
* Forbes hasn't had a chance to talk to any of these guys one-on-one yet.
* There is a good chance we lose more kids than we would have normally, but I expect that he will pull a roster together that will be somewhat competitive next year.

All that said, Manning gave Sarr some shitty advice. It most likely wasn't intentional and I don't think Sarr was going to get drafted anyway, not any earlier than mid-2nd round. That in and of itself is so absurd. Can you imagine 12 years ago kids leaving the program early? So they could maybe get drafted in the 2nd round? So much losing.

Help me understand - obviously Manning’s advice to Sarr was borne of self interest. But don’t we want him to be encouraging players to graduate? Are we saying the difference here is that he told Sarr not even to investigate his pro prospects when he clearly has them?

Note: not defending Manning. He clearly didn’t ultimately care about anything more than himself.

A coach should make decisions with a player's best interests in mind. Always. Suggestions are that he told Sarr to come back not because he thought it was the best thing for Sarr, but because he thought it was the best thing for himself. Regardless of whether you think that actually would be the best thing for Sarr or not, the motivation there is wrong, and a coach like that will end up leading many kids astray.

So ... we're saying that Manning created the Cornovirus-19 in his secret basement lab and unleashed it on the world thru his contacts in China?

I think it is a bit of a stretch to blame Manning for kids entering the transfer portal. A couple of tidbits:

* This is happening with every kid save Sarr stuck in their bedroom finishing up the school year rather than with each other in their dorm discussing it organically together
* There is a [false] sense that the NCAA is going to allow a 1-year free for all transfer and they can all pick a new school and be playing for them next year
* Forbes hasn't had a chance to talk to any of these guys one-on-one yet.
* There is a good chance we lose more kids than we would have normally, but I expect that he will pull a roster together that will be somewhat competitive next year.

All that said, Manning gave Sarr some shitty advice. It most likely wasn't intentional and I don't think Sarr was going to get drafted anyway, not any earlier than mid-2nd round. That in and of itself is so absurd. Can you imagine 12 years ago kids leaving the program early? So they could maybe get drafted in the 2nd round? So much losing.

It's not about Sarr getting drafted or not. A player of his status would benefit significantly from entering the process, being told what he needs to improve on from the NBA perspective, and then coming back to improve on those things.

Back