• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...for those of you who’ve done it, how much did you actually pay for a comprehensive estate plan... ?

With or without trust(s).

bmoney maybe you should micro-dose. That's some shit I want to get into, but I have little to no self control with shit like that, so I'd probably get washed out quickly.

I also like listening to lectures to help me relax. Maybe it's weird, but I've been occasionally pulling up all these old Bertie Russell things from the BBC, half-paying attention, and just zoning out. Big fan of zoning out, big fan.

I was on Bupropion (welbutrin generic) for years and it just kind of fogged me, man, I didn't like that feeling and coming off it was harsh af. Also, Trazodone. That was mostly fine -- helped with sleep, sometimes gave me a boner.

Re anxiety/depression...

Yep, do your best to focus on healthy habits...eating, sleeping, exercise routines. Often tough to do but often worth the effort with both physical and mental benefits.

And talk to trusted people about what you’re experiencing. Friends, family, professional counselor, etc.

Medication can really help some people, but of course has potential downsides.

Most everyone struggles some...many more than a little. You are NOT alone. Nothing whatsoever to be ashamed of.

Last edited:
So...for those of you who’ve done it, how much did you actually pay for a comprehensive estate plan... ?

With or without trust(s).

As a former estate planner, I would say you’re looking anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000 depending on the complexity of the documents and the number of documents and could probably get a comprehensive set of documents for $1,500-2,500.

The benefit is if they screw up you’ll never know. If you get the trust and title assets in the trust then you’ll likely save your estate the administration fees on the backend (not that you’ll care.)

Obviously, this is not legal advice.

Thx.

Yep that’s the idea, to set it up to make it easier for those surviving.

bmoney maybe you should micro-dose. That's some shit I want to get into, but I have little to no self control with shit like that, so I'd probably get washed out quickly.

I also like listening to lectures to help me relax. Maybe it's weird, but I've been occasionally pulling up all these old Bertie Russell things from the BBC, half-paying attention, and just zoning out. Big fan of zoning out, big fan.

This is fascinating stuff. I have seen some reports on impact on anxiety, alcoholism, etc.

I went to the doctor this morning and she commented on my blood pressure being high and asked if anything out of the ordinary day was going on.

Let’s see I’ve been stuck at home for 2.5 months with a toddler while my wife and I have tried to work from home and every night when I turn on the TV it’s preempted by coverage of protests down the street from my office that my bosses can’t wait to open back up.

I went to the doctor this morning and she commented on my blood pressure being high and asked if anything out of the ordinary day was going on.

Let’s see I’ve been stuck at home for 2.5 months with a toddler while my wife and I have tried to work from home and every night when I turn on the TV it’s preempted by coverage of protests down the street from my office that my bosses can’t wait to open back up.

BasicDiligentIrishredandwhitesetter-max-1mb.gif

On the bright side your city might inherit the RNC hot potato from my city. Ughhhh

Went fishing today with the kids and caught three 20-35 pound redfish and a 4' bonnethead out by Fort Sumter.

nice; i tooko my daughter fishing this weekend and watched as seven or eight 3-5" sunfish circled but didn't bite

Ha, I'm sure you mean bream or something like that, which are also accurately called sunfish. but when I hear the word sunfish, I think of this.

42-25125374.jpg

They're obviously pretty weird looking fish and they're pretty shy. I was whale watching in Bar Harbor the first time I saw one and the naturalists and boat captain were losing their shit because they'd never seen one. The second time I saw one was about 10 miles out of Charleston Harbor. Then I saw one in Mexico or Costa Rica and I'm all jaded and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back