• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

I'm not one for the "Eagles needs to die by N3" theory usually, but Eagles was definitely off his game this time. I gave him a slight mafia lean because of my N2 watch and he got really defensive about it. Then waiting on Deacsfan27 was another misstep. Good to know it happens to everyone sometimes.

I tried claiming one day thinking that since a live album has “closer to my heart” on it and it was also on my album that I may have been able to.

Yeah, for whoever votes on things - thought gouda, JTP, redwing and anonymous all had great games.

Agreed on JTP. Credit where credit is due - complete 180 of a game from last week.

And gouda did a great job (whether intentional or not) of keeping heat on him without getting lynched. But I wasn't letting you keep us from lynching Eagles that round.

You are the master of, "it's just a game, whatever," and "omg, dude, I can't let this go, stop."

No, my feelings are not mutually exclusive

1) It's just a game, whatever
2) You care wayyy to much about the game, and that is hilarious to me, so I will relentlessly make fun of it.

Once again, get over yourself. It's an internet game that you take WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

people are getting too good at clearing themselves

need more powerful mafias

There's no question that Eagles as a mafia has it very challenging. He's always getting that 'why is he still alive question' but this one seemed more egregious in my mind.

1) He played a major role in the death of dv7. Thus, he looks very civ so they can't use the argument that maybe he'll get lynched.
2) With how specials existed, it was unlikely he would have angel protection or other forms of protection on the early nights.
3) And there's the strongman argument though I agree, not worth using but doesn't mean some mafia wouldn't.

But I don't think this is the only reason he got lynched. Someone else (maybe redwing?) and I both called out that Eagles also had what seemed to be flawed analysis on a couple places. And then as JMan and Knight picked up, his actual frustration of being pegged for the wrong reason came out, especially in his responses to my posts.

I think you are absolutely misremembering that day, because there was no analysis anywhere on eagles other than "why is he still alive"? There was some stuff around SD3 moving down a tier on cleared civ rankings, and if you reread it, he was right and you agreed with him but somehow it became a thing.

What did people think of the balance. There weren't any real "cops" but a 2-shot and a divider (JTP) who could earn their powers.

The only set civ roles were angel and 1/3 tracker and 1/3 watcher.

Mafia had a silencer who had to earn his power, a strong man and a vig. 3 could get album powers too.

I think JTP tried to claim his power again, but he had already claimed it. Mako claimed his power that day and that is when he got the gun to give to JTP.

Mako could've claimed a 2nd time but didn't.

I think you are absolutely misremembering that day, because there was no analysis anywhere on eagles other than "why is he still alive"? There was some stuff around SD3 moving down a tier on cleared civ rankings, and if you reread it, he was right and you agreed with him but somehow it became a thing.

Nah... I had a couple good posts about it. Townie even said so. :cool:

What did people think of the balance. There weren't any real "cops" but a 2-shot and a divider (JTP) who could earn their powers.

Mafia had a silencer who had to earn his power, a strong man and a vig. 3 could get album powers too.

Might be a little RNG heavy? If JTP gets a mixed result that really changes things...I dunno though

Mafia could have potentially used another player? Hard to say though, since JTP hit the jackpot with his, which would have been unlikely.

Seems like mafia is also very willing to bus early. That used to work really well but people are looking for it now

Sign-up for next week is up. Please let me know if you want a Monday or Tuesday start, due to Memorial Day.

I agree with this. Maf win rates are abysmal with setups that would have been balanced when we last played.

This happened as we played a lot a few seasons ago. I remember Rommy, 2001, and I spending a lot of data-analysis thinking about what an appropriate town/mafia ratio needed to be. It shifted dramatically as players got more familiar with play styles and being able to sense "off-ness." I think at one point in the beginning it was something like 1:4 and moved to 1:3 and needing some calculated mafia specials to have a shot. It's one of the reasons two-mafia games became more popular; they let people play a civ game, but still be bad.

If I remember right, we went through something like 7 or 8 straight crushing civ wins before mods started really catching on how big of an issue it was.

Seems like mafia is also very willing to bus early. That used to work really well but people are looking for it now

Yeah, in hindsight, I wish we didn't just bus Dv7 and doofus. Neither eagles or I got any credit at all for it. And townie was important dv7, doofus, and broke the tie on eagles and got no credit either. Maybe the new meta for mafia is just the old level 1, protecting your teammates thing

Why so salty, Parlay?

90313c5e2341b31a1ddd6c99684d80fb.jpg

Back