• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

Seems like mafia is also very willing to bus early. That used to work really well but people are looking for it now
This is very true.

Eagles got DV7 killed. Ryala claims to have gotten doofus killed.

And then both of those players got lynched despite the 'cred' they were hoping to get.

Yeah, in hindsight, I wish we didn't just bus Dv7 and doofus. Neither eagles or I got any credit at all for it. And townie was important dv7, doofus, and broke the tie on eagles and got no credit either. Maybe the new meta for mafia is just the old level 1, protecting your teammates thing

I'm interested on your opinion about how little/how much votes matter on this board? On some boards, votes are the end-all of finding scum; but on this board tone seem to be HUGE in analysis. Votes are for sure a thing, but I think they are on a matrix with "does this player bus or not."

Yeah, in hindsight, I wish we didn't just bus Dv7 and doofus. Neither eagles or I got any credit at all for it. And townie was important dv7, doofus, and broke the tie on eagles and got no credit either. Maybe the new meta for mafia is just the old level 1, protecting your teammates thing
Yep - ignore my last post as exactly what Ryala said.

Northern last game got credit for his separation from teammates but still wasn't believed enough end-game to get the win.

I'm interested on your opinion about how little/how much votes matter on this board? On some boards, votes are the end-all of finding scum; but on this board tone seem to be HUGE in analysis. Votes are for sure a thing, but I think they are on a matrix with "does this player bus or not."

I don't give two shits about voting record and think people that do lack the ability to do tone reads

This was fun to read along with for the like 1/3 of the game I saw. I did see the eagles lynch, and I think I land on the side that it was based on pretty awful logic that happened to work out. I’m sure he’ll make much better points about this than me though.

Also, I’m real sad that I have too much going on to play mafia for at least the next couple weeks.

Ryala claims to have gotten doofus killed.

I didn't get him killed. That's not how any of this works. I did campaign for him after setting up that campaign the day before, and probably attracted an extra vote or 2, which may have mattered in a pretty close day. I think this gives me some insight into how some people think about this going forward though, so adapt or die I guess.

It's actually amazing how well civs have done at getting 2-3 mafia tied up on Day 1. That's like the third straight game it's happened.

Hard to come back from that.

My bad for:

1. My play, which hurt the mafia a lot with my dumb defense of parlay.
2. Neg repping JTP - I didn't think he would mention it in the thread, but that was dumb of me to rep an active player.

I rep active players constantly but never for gameplay....always for making me laugh.

I do agree that it may be time to shift "balance" given that this group is so familiar with play at this point clearing civs is pretty easy

I am obviously mafia-biased, but it is really frustrating playing in games where there are so many cleared civs as we approach end game. It's one thing to clear yourself through good play and your role (Numbers last game).

It's another thing to have four roles tied together, masons, a cop that clears 3 civs in one day, etc.

I don't give two shits about voting record and think people that do lack the ability to do tone reads

Yes. This is the big problem for maf. Civs have gotten quite good at tone clears, not necessarily at tone maf leans. That's fine though, clear enough and you can't really lose

I am obviously mafia-biased, but it is really frustrating playing in games where there are so many cleared civs as we approach end game. It's one thing to clear yourself through good play and your role (Numbers last game).

It's another thing to have four roles tied together, masons, a cop that clears 3 civs in one day, etc.
Agreed with this. And obviously was heavily impacted by the JTP RNG.

I may have missed it but why did you all kill Rommy when there were far more cleared civs?

I rep active players constantly but never for gameplay....always for making me laugh.

Yeah I shouldn't have done it, but for some reason his "re-re" post set me off.

The gay and retard jokes really strike a chord with me. They aren't funny, we aren't in grade school, or 1995. It's time for people to grow the hell up.

Agreed with this. And obviously was heavily impacted by the JTP RNG.

I may have missed it but why did you all kill Rommy when there were far more cleared civs?

I wasn't in the mafia chat after I got killed so I can't call anything after that.

The last thing that I helped on was killing hoop and silencing somebody the day after (rommy or redwing?).

I'm not sure that I think the game design was unbalanced in this one. Maybe slightly, but whatever. We just got a bad bounce on JTPs power. It's an element of randomness that could swing win prob by 30-40% probably. The modal outcome is 2 civs, 1 maf and that result doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad.

A follow-up to this.

Once a player is cleared the mafia has to balance special-hunting (cops, angels, whatever other roles there are) and killing cleared civs. In this past game the ones JTP named could've still been specials, but in others we have played there was a choice to kill the 100% cleared civs with no powers, or hunt for a cop who could hurt you big time later.

Back