• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rush Mafia - Game Over - Rush Wins Again

I don't want Townie's gameplay to get buried. I think he might've had his best game so far.

Silencing Toogs and then Townie asking him to drive the game in thread made me roll.

Gouda civ
Eagles mafia
Rommy civ

Toogs civ
Hoop civ
Mako civ

Doofus mafia
Numbers civ
Townie mafia

Tim civ
SD3 civ
Nonny civ

Redwing civ
Ryala mafia
Jman civ
Knight civ

3/5 would've been BIG trouble for mafia.

There are 2 elements of randomness, your list was somewhat random and so is the RNG. Probably fair to say that the initial randomness maybe does push to 50%+ of RNGs to be bad news of varying degrees. I'm not sure.

I think you are absolutely misremembering that day, because there was no analysis anywhere on eagles other than "why is he still alive"? There was some stuff around SD3 moving down a tier on cleared civ rankings, and if you reread it, he was right and you agreed with him but somehow it became a thing.

Nonny - get something wrong and go with a wild hair theory? Never. It was literally the only thing that had me doubting iggles was mafia is nonny was on him.

There's a card in Magic the Gathering that functions kind of like JTP's role.

You see the top 3 cards in the opponents deck and then separate them into two groups. One group is face up and the other group is facedown. Your opponent then picks one group to keep and discards the other.

There's several that do similar and they were the inspiration for his power.

You draw x card. You opponent puts them into 2 groups. You put one of the groups in your hand and the other in the discard.

Kill this.

What did people think of the balance. There weren't any real "cops" but a 2-shot and a divider (JTP) who could earn their powers.

The only set civ roles were angel and 1/3 tracker and 1/3 watcher.

Mafia had a silencer who had to earn his power, a strong man and a vig. 3 could get album powers too.

as someone facing a 7-1 disadvantage at end game, i felt like balance was fine. got some bad bounces.

One other note - romanov was excellent. Best game I’ve seen in a long time. 100% spot on including me being more inflexible on my reads when mafia <= real reason to vote for me not some nonsense about mafia not using a strongman n1. The next time that happens will be the first time.

I didn’t hold off on doofus intentionally. Irony is it was the exact opposite. When I had access to thread that day he already had a billion votes and I missed most of d2 due to work. Contrary to whatever reasoning existed in the thread, I should’ve gotten more heat being like the 7th vote on doofus in a 7-0 run to start the round rather than when I did it. I thought redwing might die so my hope was to vote for doofus late when it seemed like it mattered with redwing still dying rather than some lol logic that my vote didn’t matter. The logic behind when the vote was placed was the literal opposite of that.

Seems like mafia is also very willing to bus early. That used to work really well but people are looking for it now

That's an issue. There are no moves that haven't been made. Claims that aren't made early are dismissed because there have been so many fakes that people have been burned by. Things will adjust eventually.

One other note - romanov was excellent. Best game I’ve seen in a long time. 100% spot on including me being more inflexible on my reads when mafia <= real reason to vote for me not some nonsense about mafia not using a strongman n1. The next time that happens will be the first time.

I didn’t hold off on doofus intentionally. Irony is it was the exact opposite. When I had access to thread that day he already had a billion votes and I missed most of d2 due to work. Contrary to whatever reasoning existed in the thread, I should’ve gotten more heat being like the 7th vote on doofus in a 7-0 run to start the round rather than when I did it. I thought redwing might die so my hope was to vote for doofus late when it seemed like it mattered with redwing still dying rather than some lol logic that my vote didn’t matter. The logic behind when the vote was placed was the literal opposite of that.

+10000

Rommy is a volume shooter. Some days he'll go 6-30 and you'll wonder why you let him keep shooting. This game he started out like 5-5 from 3 and we were in trouble.

I first read it as three groups of people. I think I like this because it becomes more valuable as the game goes on. But perhaps give a cap that it has to be used by n5 so it doesn't just solve the end-game?

Make him make the list before the game starts

One thing that has been frustrating too is, after the first day, there have been a handful of mafia lynched for bad logic, who happened to be mafia.

Eagles getting run for the strongman bullshit and tic trying to get me lynched in the two mafia game last week stick out right off the bat. Also lynching bym in the game last week over manning or rocket.

Maybe this trend will continue, but civs are bound to get screwed one game when they just let a claim go on until they can't lynch, or get too far behind the eight-ball on the mafia.

I don't want Townie's gameplay to get buried. I think he might've had his best game so far.

Silencing Toogs and then Townie asking him to drive the game in thread made me roll.

thanks, it was my best game as mafia which is a low bar

there were a couple nights where i was like, arguing with eagles and ryala about what moves to make and i was like, eh, just let em make the choice

it was very funny having toogs show up in mafia chat

i thought he'd be madder about getting silenced and me asking him to lead but he was not

also don't think anyone even mentioned silencing at all during the game

it was very funny having toogs show up in mafia chat

i thought he'd be madder about getting silenced and me asking him to lead but he was not

also don't think anyone even mentioned silencing at all during the game

I had no idea he was silenced

Back