• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Week 1 - Clemson discussion

I'm honestly at the point where I just want to give up trying to talk to people about this anymore. Either you're capable of nuanced thought or you aren't and you cast everything as a binary 'good vs evil'. It just has to be brain physiology that explains it at this point. It just has to. I guess that gives these people an out, but I mean I just can't

What has been unreasonable about the questions I’ve asked you?

Sorry, I’m new at this so I apologize for not knowing everything on this board about posting so I’m trying. Like I’ve said earlier, I always just read but wanted to respond to this as this is really frustrating to see what’s happening in our country and now in Wake sports.

I don’t think you guys have been unreasonable as I knew I probably wouldn’t have anyone on this board to share just a small part of my view.

There is a big issue with what’s going on in communities with people killing each other and having nothing to do with police. If we “kill the police” or defund the police, which is what BLM advocates, how does that help any communities? Please note not too many years ago, BLM were chanting “what do we want, dead cops, when do we want them, now”. Now everyone is acting like BLM is for positive change. I’m sorry I just don’t see it and will never understand it.

The players speaking up isn’t provoking violence but the organization the players will be exhibiting on their helmets is a violent organization. I don’t believe the narrative the news media is advocating about what is really happening. If people feel they are being unfairly treated, they still need to comply with the authority. I also believe social media like twitter is one of many sites that fuels the fire. That is why I no longer do any twitter. Yes, I just read there and never tweeted. I initially just followed sports but then that obviously changed not too long ago so I just ended it all together

In summary, I do refer to all of you guys as my “friends” to my wife as she is always wandering what I’m reading. I still will read and hope we can still be “friends” and just agree to disagree

I think the only way we make this game competitive is LB play, special teams and giving Walker the ball every other snap. Don't like CBS ahead of him on the depth chart...Walker is the far better option, IMHO.

You heard it here first... Wake 38, Clemson 31

I won’t know how to feel about the game until starting lineups are announced.

Strong parody work by hpdeac.

You know what, HP, there's an old saying on these boards: you give respect by showing no respect…you give respect by showing no respect. And you can figure out what that phrase really means. The first time you posted, people did not respect you because you didn't think hard and you didn't make a strong argument. That's a heck of a statement for a poster to make, but that's the truth. I remember RJKarl saying one time that he's had some noobs post in threads with him where they didn't want to argue with him, they feared him and didn't want to argue with him. And RJ said, ‘You're not even respecting me because you won't argue against me, you see.' But if you get somebody out there who's just arguing and giving everything you've got and still you come up short, you know what? Doesn't the other poster respect you? So you give respect by showing no respect…you go out there and you battle.

I’m sorry I’m not going to argue with you as that is not my style. I just wanted to get my personal frustrations off my chest to bunch of anonymous people. I’m not sure what I expected my welcome to be, especially with this touchy subject. I will admit it was a bad move by my part and I don’t really feel any better for doing so. One thing I’ve noticed that if you have a different of opinion than the majority on this board, you should just read and not post.

I have read quotes of players and that is sad that they feel the way they do. I believe we live in the greatest country in the world and people choose to wake up everyday and think how can I make something of myself. The only thing is holding them back is themselves. BLM is spreading fear in the country as they are destroying people, businesses and this country. Now they want to subject us to this propaganda in sports. What is all this violence doing to improve people’s lives? What about all the murders of black on black crime? Where is the social justice movement there?

“We leave the locker room and it’s like going into the world now, we’re looked at differently,” Taylor says. “A lot of people see us as just dumb jocks, we only got in because of sports and if we’re walking around campus, the first question is, ‘Do you play a sport or anything?’ They were just pre-judging us thinking that there was no way we could get into Wake Forest without a sport.”

It takes a special kind of privilege to read that and have a reaction that Ja'Sir is the only thing holding himself back.

And then to whatabout your way into "murders of black on black crime."

Holy shit. Bless your heart, Ts and Ps, Godspeed, etc.

BLM was initially formed by two women and a gender neutral or trans man. All their language on family is about being inclusive from their experience as LGBTQ identitiers. If your religion finds that objectionable, fine - but society and state law in the majority of the country do not. The initial fear was that the movement would be taken over by black men who would push them aside.

It is not marxist. Their policy papers look like McKinsey engagement PowerPoint packs. The organization is wonky and nerdy. Not violent or anarchist.

My 73 year old dad actually got involved w them post Ferguson to provide a little advice on leadership and transparency. He was not a radical, unless you find unitarians radical.

Last edited:
Www.blacklivesmatters.com
One of their co-founders Patrise Cullors said in 2015 that BLM is a trained Marxist organization. That was her own words as I didn’t get it from a Russian hacked website. Their website lists that BLM wants to dismantle the nuclear family (which I believe is a main issue with this country as many kids don’t have a mother and father at home). I and many others see this is an organization as I divisive movement that the Russians and Chinese are loving what BLM and Antifa is doing to our country right now.

Look, I don’t want to get into too much about this anti American organization as they are getting enough attention by ill informed people. My main point is “why sports” and why do you think a fist on a helmet or a sticker or rapist’s name who didn’t comply with an officer on a jersey is going to help your cause.

And for those who want to say “bye”, I guess you are ok with losing more of a fan base that is already one of the smallest in the nation.

Dear God, you will not be missed. Let me amend hopefully your parting words:
"And for those who want to say “bye”, I guess you are ok with losing more of a FAN that has the smallest brain in the nation."

I figured this would happen with this crowd as I shouldn’t have posted anything and just continue to be frustrated and say nothing. I am trying to be nice and say I don’t want to leave Wake sports and thought I would have a few reasonable people respond to my concerns.
Again, I’m not surprised of these reactions and will try and just read sports on this board. I know I contributed to this non sports topic but then again, it’s not really non sports anymore.
I just want to support Wake sports and the players and don’t really want to be told what “organization” they want to support while they are on their respected field/court. They can still support “pro humanitate” at Wake but why bring it to their respected sport. It is obvious that I am one of the few people on this board that has this view. I’m obviously going to have to continue to be a “silent minority” on this board. We are all entitled to our opinions in this country and I will continue to respect everyone’s else’s opinions

So you can tell the players to Shut up and play but when people ask you to keep this blatant ignorance off the boards, you want to be heard? Go scream in your backyard bunker.

Edit

Meant to say I believe BLM is a violent organization

Last edited:
Dear God, you will not be missed. Let me amend hopefully your parting words:
"And for those who want to say “bye”, I guess you are ok with losing more of a FAN that has the smallest brain in the nation."[/QUOTE
More examples of the “tolerance” on this board.

No, the players can speak however they want but that doesn’t mean I have to subject myself to it. I’m a fan of free speech but some here like to just call people names and can’t have a reasonable discussion among anonymous people.

I don’t have a desire to be heard as evidence of me being a lurker since 2012. Again, I thought it was a mistake for sports to get involve with this kind of thing and don’t know why that is considered ignorance.

Meant to say I believe BLM is a violent organization

All terrorist experts in and out of govt do not find BLM as an organization even remotely problematic. White nationalists, yes, as they have accounted for 75% of terrorist attacks within the us over the last dozen years or so. Antifa is on their radar and can be violent. BLM is a big no. I mean, the largest rally to date in the country was a black trans lives matter rally in brooklyn.

You are woefully misinformed. Get off facebook

Can you define exactly what the BLM "organization" is?

I will try my best. It’s Marxist and anti nuclear family. They advocate to kill cops and defund them. They are currently harassing people in the streets eating in restaurants and making them raised their fists and say people’s names. Those are just a few things I’ve seen. It’s also been reported that they have said BLM before they have murdered people.

I believe the organization is founded upon evil tendencies that are designed to tear down this nation and make us something far different for what we stand for as a nation. Anything that I feel in my heart is anti-Christ, I am against.

Www.blacklivesmatters.com
One of their co-founders Patrise Cullors said in 2015 that BLM is a trained Marxist organization. That was her own words as I didn’t get it from a Russian hacked website. Their website lists that BLM wants to dismantle the nuclear family (which I believe is a main issue with this country as many kids don’t have a mother and father at home). I and many others see this is an organization as I divisive movement that the Russians and Chinese are loving what BLM and Antifa is doing to our country right now.

Look, I don’t want to get into too much about this anti American organization as they are getting enough attention by ill informed people. My main point is “why sports” and why do you think a fist on a helmet or a sticker or rapist’s name who didn’t comply with an officer on a jersey is going to help your cause.

And for those who want to say “bye”, I guess you are ok with losing more of a fan base that is already one of the smallest in the nation.
Bye

Should have said in addition to twitter, I’m not on Facebook either. This is the closest thing to social media I do. I believe BLM has many people trying to be politically correct and not criticizing them, otherwise you know what they will be called.

If I was part of a “peaceful” protest with BLM and Antifa became part of it, I would call those losers out and get away from them. I do know that Antifa has hijacked some of the protest so the protest end up being more violent. But there are enough issues with BLM, that I don’t want anyone from my family to be a part of. This isn’t anything like MLK Jr’s protests back in his days.

I pray for all of you guys as I am entitled to an opinion as well. I have read quotes of players and that is sad that they feel the way they do. I believe we live in the greatest country in the world and people choose to wake up everyday and think how can I make something of myself. The only thing is holding them back is themselves. BLM is spreading fear in the country as they are destroying people, businesses and this country. Now they want to subject us to this propaganda in sports. What is all this violence doing to improve people’s lives? What about all the murders of black on black crime? Where is the social justice movement there?
Get off of Fox for an hour. And how was the tRUMP rally last night? And Charlottesville? Trump is DIVISIVE x 1000 and has poured gas on the fire since his first press conference just to get support from people like you.

Sorry, I’m new at this so I apologize for not knowing everything on this board about posting so I’m trying. Like I’ve said earlier, I always just read but wanted to respond to this as this is really frustrating to see what’s happening in our country and now in Wake sports.

I don’t think you guys have been unreasonable as I knew I probably wouldn’t have anyone on this board to share just a small part of my view.

There is a big issue with what’s going on in communities with people killing each other and having nothing to do with police. If we “kill the police” or defund the police, which is what BLM advocates, how does that help any communities? Please note not too many years ago, BLM were chanting “what do we want, dead cops, when do we want them, now”. Now everyone is acting like BLM is for positive change. I’m sorry I just don’t see it and will never understand it.

The players speaking up isn’t provoking violence but the organization the players will be exhibiting on their helmets is a violent organization. I don’t believe the narrative the news media is advocating about what is really happening. If people feel they are being unfairly treated, they still need to comply with the authority. I also believe social media like twitter is one of many sites that fuels the fire. That is why I no longer do any twitter. Yes, I just read there and never tweeted. I initially just followed sports but then that obviously changed not too long ago so I just ended it all together

In summary, I do refer to all of you guys as my “friends” to my wife as she is always wandering what I’m reading. I still will read and hope we can still be “friends” and just agree to disagree

You’re not alone. I am also closed minded and intentionally dense. PM me for OGB Alt Right premium subscription.

Back